Chapter Five

It had been weeks since we had moved into our new house - I mean mansion. It was too big to be classified as a house since it had 5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. I questioned why someone would need more bathrooms than bedrooms, but I wasn't complaining. 

Harry had given me first pick of bedrooms, and I chose the second biggest room, leaving the biggest room for Harry. The room I chose had a balcony that overlooked into the backyard, so I was able to see the garden and the pool. It also had an attached bathroom, and a walk in closet. 

Harry had bought me a beautiful furniture set that came with a canopy bed, a dresser with a mirror, a chest, and a vanity. He had also surprised me by painting the room a light purple, and buying beautiful accent paintings to hang on my walls. 

My room was beautiful and I felt so lucky to be able to live with Harry. I wondered what would have happened had I been sold to someone who didn't care about me. But did Harry care about me? He wasn't forcing me into having sex with him, he bought me things,and he talked to me about his thoughts and feelings. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, but there could be a chance that he cared. 

I had just finished straightening my hair and applying my makeup when he walked into my room. He was wearing a button up shirt with a pair of fitted dress pants. His hair was pushed back and his face groomed. We were going to a gala in Boston which would allow Harry to network over here for his singing career. 

"Are you almost ready?" He asked as he adjusted his tie. 

I nodded," I just have to put my dress on." I said as I stood in my robe. 

He nodded as he left the room," Meet me in the foyer." 

I walked into my closet and carefully made my way into the dress he had bought me. It was a long black evening gown with lace sleeves. It had a slit that went up to my mid thigh and showed off my legs. I felt beautiful in it, and smiled at myself in the mirror. I finished putting on my heels, spritzed myself with perfume, and went to meet Harry downstairs. 

He looked so handsome in his suit, which now he had his jacket on over his button up. He turned to look at me and his lips parted as he took me in. 

"You look..." He began but shook his head. 

I blushed," Good?" I asked. 

He shook his head," No, stunning." 

I smiled," You look amazing." I said. 

He nodded," Thank you, now we have to go or we will be late."

I followed him out of the mansion and was greeted by a limo. The driver opened the door for us and Harry motioned for me to go in before him. The limo was spacious and had a television and mini bar. Once Harry was in, the limo sped off towards our destination. 

"Are you nervous?" He asked. 

I nodded," Were going to a party that is going to be filled with rich snobby people. They are going to be judging me." I answered. 

He shrugged," They will be judging me too, especially since im going to be singing. Plus, you dont need to worry, you look gorgeous." 

I turned to look at him," You didn't tell me you were going to be performing. What am I going to do while you're on stage?" 

"You will be sitting in the front at a table with other guests." He said. 

I didn't like the idea of being separated from Harry, even if it was so he could perform. I wasn't good at making small talk and I had no idea what to talk to rich people about. Harry's rich. My inner voice reminded me.