Chapter Twenty Five

3 Months Later

"Hello?" I answer my phone seeing it was Alex calling.

"Hey Sam, I think you should come to the hospital. It isn't looking good."

I feel my heart drop," I'll be there as soon as I can."

I hang up the phone and jump out of bed. I quickly call a taxi and wait for him outside impatiently. When he arrives I tell him to drive me to the hospital where Harry is at. The ride goes by slowly as I feel the anxiety of this moment building. This is it, this is going to be the last time I ever see Harry Styles.

I take a deep breath as we arrive to try to ease the knots in my stomach. I pay the driver and run into the hospital making my way into the elevator and up into the ICU. I have been here a lot these past few days, and watching Harry deteriorate is not easy.

As I exit the elevator I can see his room is filled with people. I wonder if I should even go in there, as most of these people won't know who I am. As I enter the room I hear many sniffles coming from the people crowded around his bed. I notice Alex is standing by his head and crying as he rubs his father's forehead. I see his daughter Alice holding his hand and also crying to herself.

I recognize some of the people in the room from the family photos Harry had in his house. I feel very out of place as I stand there amongst his loved ones. I find it hard to look at the frail man lying in the hospital bed with wires connected to him.

Alex spots me and looks up with a sad smile," I know dad would have wanted you here."

I nod and walk closer to Harry, seeing his chest move up and down erratically as if he were struggling. Alex moves away so I can stand by him and I grab his hand, careful not to touch any of the tubes that are connected to him.

I examine his face and notice how uncomfortable he looks. His eyes are closed but his mouth is formed into what looks like a permanent scowl. He is laying in a contorted position and covered by several layers of blankets.

Yesterday he did not look this bad, and it amazed me how quickly he went downhill. I squeeze his hand and move my mouth next to his ear, talking quietly enough so no one else would be able to hear me.

"I love you so much Harry," I start and feel the tears stinging my eyes," I wish I could have spent every minute with you. I would have stayed there for you in the good times and in the bad times. I'm not mad at you for marrying Katelyn, I'm glad that you were able to make such a beautiful family with her." I wipe my eyes and take in a deep breath," Saying goodbye is always hard, but knowing this one is forever makes it harder. Promise me you will send me signs and never forget about me when you're up there." I whisper.

I swear I can feel his hand grip mine and I look at his face more closely. His eyes do not open but his lips part and in the faintest voice I hear him say," I promise."

_______________________________________________________________________

It had been a few months since Harry had passed away and I was finding it hard to cope with. I never how devastating death could be, and I never knew how much it hurt to love something that could be touched by it. The only consolation I had was knowing that he was in a better place and free of pain.

He kept his promise and sent me signs all of the time. Sometimes when I was in the house I would get a whiff of his cologne, or the TV would turn on to his favorite channel. I was never scared by these things as it felt comforting to know even though I couldn't see him I could still feel him.

In his will he left me the house and a large sum of money. I felt weird accepting it, but his children were adamant that this is what he wanted.

The sound of the doorbell ringing made me stand from my spot on the couch and walk to the front door. I looked out of the peep hole and saw a man in a delivery uniform wheeling a box that was bigger than him. I opened the door confused, not expecting any deliveries.

"Can I help you?" I asked him.

"I am looking for Samantha Ilseberg." He said.

"That's me."

He smiled," I need you to sign this paper, please." He said handing me a clip board.

I signed the paper and he wheeled the box into the house leaving it in the foyer. I looked at it curiously and saw that there was no return address posted. I did see a letter securely taped to the front of the box and I ripped it off and opened it.

'Dear Samantha,

By the time you will receive this package I will be dead. I don't want you to be sad, but I know that is easier said than done. You are allowed to mourn me but not for very long. I want you to move on with your life and I think this will help you to do just that. I know this is not as good as the real thing, but it's the best I can offer you. In my last month's alive I worked very hard on this, trying to perfect everything. I hope that you can find some closure and allow yourself to be happy.

I will love you forever and always,

Harry xoxo

PS – To open the box just say my name.'

I fold the note and put it down as I stare at the box. I have an idea as to what is inside but I try not to get my hopes up just in case I am wrong. I tear the protective packaging off and look at the shiny silver box that looks a lot like the one I came in. I touch the metal and feel that it is cold to the touch.

"Harry." I say and wait for something to happen.

The door begins to move and opens revealing who is inside. I feel my eyes go wide as the man steps out of the box and walks over to me quickly. His smile is as bright as the sun and I feel the heaviness leave my chest as I look into his familiar green eyes.

"Harry." I say and wrap my arms around him.

He looks exactly as I remembered him fifty years ago. He is so handsome and I can feel myself falling in love with him all over again. I can't help the happy tears that escape my eyes as I take in his form. I refuse to let go of him as I hug him to me tightly.

"Now we can be together always." He says.

THE END

So this is the end of my first book and Im honestly so sad that its over. I had so much fun writing this book and its taught me a lot along the way. 

Please let me know what you thought of the book. Did you like it? Do you have any advice for me for future books? Did you expect this ending? 

I might write an Epilogue if thats something you guys are interested in, please let me know! 

Thank you SO MUCH for reading my book, I love you all!