Chapter Eight

I sat on the bed with Louis who had his arm around my shoulder. He was trying to soothe me and assure that Harry hadn't meant what he said. His eyes looked so cold and full of hate when he said those words to me, it was like a completely different person.

My tears had stopped flowing by now and I had a massive headache from all of the crying. My eyes were puffy and I had black streaks running down my face. I looked horrible, and I felt exactly how I looked.

A knock at the door made Louis stand quickly, looking threw the peep hole and unlocking the door," Come in." He said, stepping aside to let in the last person I wanted to see.

Harry's eyes met mine and I swore I could see pain flash across his face. He walked towards me, his hair that was combed neatly for the gala now a mess atop his head. He sat down on the bed next to me, not saying a word.

"Im going to go talk to Liam." Louis said, leaving the room.

Harry cleared his throat," Im sorry."

I didn't say anything, and I wasn't going to accept his apology so quickly. What he had said to me was more than just mean, it was everything that I knew he thought of me, but I didn't want to accept. I didn't belong in Harry's life, I wasn't made to live his lifestyle. Girls who looked like me didn't belong with him.

"Please come home with me. You dont have to talk to me, but, please..."He said, giving me pleading eyes.

"Why should I?"

"I dont want you to be here alone with Louis." He admitted.

Anger washed over me and suddenly I felt more confident. I turned to look at him, my eyes wide as I took in what he had just said to me. Why didn't he want me alone with Louis? It wasn't his business what I did with other guys, and he made it very clear that it wasn't my business what he did with other girls.

"Thats rich." I said letting out a sarcastic laugh.

He sighed and ran a hand threw his curls, clearly becoming annoyed with me," Look, I cant take back what I did tonight. I cant undo what happened and I cant take back the words that I said. I never said I was perfect, but im asking you for a second chance."

I raised my eyebrow," A second chance at what?"

Harry licked his lips and looked away from me," At being friends."

Despite the anger I was feeling towards him for what he put me threw tonight, I still felt the pang of rejection," I dont know..." I said.

He shook his head," Thats all I can offer you, Samantha. We cant be more than friends."

"Well why not?" I asked, my voice sounding whiner than I intended.

He moved closer to me so our thighs were touching. He turned so he was completely faced to me and lifted his hand, bringing it to my chest where my heart would be. He rested it there for a minute, as if he was waiting for something. I looked at him confused, and watched as his face stayed somber.

"Its not there." He said, his hand falling to his lap.

I frowned at him, not sure what he meant. I guess he meant that the feeling wasn't mutual, that he didn't see as more than his friend. But if that was the case then why did he care who I spent my nights with?

He stood, wiping his palms on his pants," Are you ready?"

I shook my head," Im not going back with you."

His eyes locked with mine, and try as I may, I couldn't look away," We can talk more on the ride back to our house." He said, emphasizing the word our.