Chapter Thirteen

The plane ride to London was long and quiet. I didn't say anything to Harry, who kept trying to talk to me. I was still upset at him for lying to me, and I was trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I was a robot. 

I had begun observing myself more closely, trying to see which parts of me weren't human. I looked like a human, and was able to blush. I got tired and slept like a regular person would. I was able to eat food, use the bathroom, and most importantly, I was able to feel. 

Despite some woman trying to hypnotize me into forgetting it, I knew that I still loved Harry. Of course I did, or else I wouldn't feel so devastated by his betrayal. In the course of 24 hours I lost the man that I loved and I also lost myself. 

Harry was asleep by the time the plane landed, and jumped awake when the voice was heard over loud speaker telling us we had arrived. He grabbed our carry ons and walked towards the exit with me following close behind. Our driver was spotted holding a sign with Harry's name on it, and we followed him to the car. 

"Where to Mr. Styles?" The driver asked. 

Harry answered by giving him an address that I was not familiar with. I was hoping we would be going straight to Westleys office and not to a hotel. I was a woman on a mission, and I wanted my answers. 

"Do you want to go in alone?" Harry asked me. 

I wasn't sure if I could handle talking to this man alone. I didn't know what to expect from our encounter. Was he going to be nice to me? Would he treat me like I was his equal? This man was a stranger, and even if I was upset at Harry, I knew he was my comfort zone. 

"No." I answered simply. 

He nodded and didn't attempt to speak again. Looking at him made me weaken my resolve and made me want to forgive him. His defined jaw flexed as if he was grinding his teeth, and I met his eyes that were fixed on me intently. I felt a warmth spread threw out my stomach, and wondered how that was possible if I was just a machine. 

The car came to a halt and the driver alerted us that we were here. I felt the butterflies going wild as I thought of meeting the man who had created me. I didn't know what I was going to say to him, and the more I thought about it the more nervous I became. 

Harry was the first to step out of the car, walking towards the entrance without me. I ran to catch up with him, my breathing labored as I entered the building. The outside was brick and looked extremely old, and the inside didn't look much newer. 

We walked up to the check in desk and Harry gave the woman his name. She instructed him which floor to take to see Westley. I followed him to the elevator, remembering the first time we were on an elevator together. I thought by now wed be getting along, but the circumstances weren't much better. 

"Sam..." He began looking at me.

"Hmm." I hummed in response.

"Whatever happens in there, I just want you to know that I do care about you."

I rolled my eyes remembering his words from yesterday. He had just told me that he didn't want me, which meant he didn't care about me either. Well, I supposed it meant he could care, but I wanted all or nothing. 

He sighed as walked into the lobby. I took a seat in the small waiting area as Harry was greeted by the secretary and instructed to wait where I had sat. He sat next to me and I instinctively moved away when his thigh brushed against mine. 

It had been only a few minutes later when a short man with thinning hair and glasses walked into the lobby. He wore a brown suit and a green tie that didn't seem to match. He pushed his glasses up his nose as he smiled at Harry.