Chapter Twenty Three

Harry's POV:

It had been a few months since Samantha left me. I missed her everyday and always found myself thinking about her.

Louis had been adamant about looking for her but I had reminded him she didn't want to be found. I wished she would have a change of heart and come home, but with everyday that passed I knew the chances of that were unlikely.

"We should be looking for her." Louis said.

"Just stop, she doesn't want to be found. She hasn't texted anyone, she hasn't even used her social media accounts. She's off the grid, exactly where she wants to be."

He shook his head,"I'm not going to stop looking for her."

I sighed,"It's a waste of time."

He groaned,"Why are you so quick to believe Katelyn?"

I shook my head,"Katelyn is a lot of things but she isn't a murderer. Sam can't be killed, anyways."

"There are worse things than being killed." Louis said.

I didn't say anything as I stared at my phone. I wanted to look for her but I didn't want to waste my time. What if I found her and she got mad?

Katelyns name flashed across my screen but I ignored her call. I didn't want to talk to her because I felt like she was lying to me about Sam. I had no proof, just a gut feeling.

Even so, I couldn't go after her without any evidence. I hadn't told Louis this yet because I knew he would jump at the chance to dig deeper.

"Did you ever love her?" He asked me.

I ran a hand through my hair,"I still do."

"Then you should be doing everything in your power to get her back." He said.

I knew what he said was true, if I loved her as much as I thought I did I should be looking for her. But what if it wasn't love I felt at all, just lust? I shook my head at the thought knowing that Sam meant more to me then just a fuck.

"Since she is a robot, does she have some sort of tracking device?" He asked.

I hadn't thought of that,"Yeah, let me just grab her manual." I said and headed for the basement.

I turned the light on and made my way down the stairs only to be met by nothing. Her box was gone and I had no idea where it could have went. Was this the evidence I was looking for? All it left me with was more unanswered questions.

I ran back up the stairs," Lou, her box is gone."

His head snapped towards me,"What do you mean it's gone?"

"Just what I said." I answered him.

"Why would she take it?" He asked.

I shook my head,"It wouldn't make sense for her to. Also it's heavy, she couldn't move it alone."

His eyes went wide,"You know what this means?"

"What?" I asked.

"We know she didn't just leave."
*****************************
Katelyn sat across from me and Louis,"Harry I already told you I don't know where she is."

Louis slanted his eyes,"I know you're lying."

She smirked,"And how would you know that?"

I sighed,"If you care about me at all you would tell me where she is." I said.

I watched her face carefully, noticing how she seemed like she was thinking. Her eyes met mine and I could see the guilt behind them.

"If I knew anything you know I would tell you." She said.

"Just tell me, Kate." I said.

She chewed on her lip,"I honestly don't know where she is."

I slammed my hand down on the table,"God damnit, Katelyn! Why do you always have to play these games? Maybe id still love you if you weren't so pathetic." I said through gritted teeth.

I watched as her face fell and tears welled,"Wow, thanks for the advice asshole." She said and stood leaving quickly.

I sighed,"I am an asshole."

Louis shook his head,"You're just stressed."

I looked away from him,"I don't mean what just happened. I meant that I never took Samantha seriously when she talked about Katelyn. Maybe if I had listened to her, or offered to bring her with me, maybe she'd still be here."

Louis put his hand on my shoulder,"It's not your fault."

I shook my head as I walked out of the restaurant, Louis following close behind. I sat on the bench and looked up to the sky seeing the many stars.

"Sam, where ever you are, I hope you're safe and happy. And I want you to know that I will always love you."

I felt the tears spill from my eyes and looked at Louis who stood next to me. He wore the same torn expression as I did, the both of us only wanting Sam to come back safe.