Chapter Fourteen

I ran out of the office after Harry's confession. I was sick of playing these back and forth games with him. It wasn't fair to me and I knew that I deserved better than that. 

"Samantha!" The sound of his voice made me run faster. 

I knew he was going to catch up to me as I was not a fast runner and he had ridiculously long legs, but I still tried my best to get away. Thats why I was expecting it when I felt his hand grab my shoulder trying to stop me. 

"Leave me alone!" I yelled at him. 

"Wait!"

"No, im done with you." I said. 

"But what I said is the truth." 

I shook my head," I dont care if its true. Im done with this hot and cold thing. You either want me everyday or not at all."

He looked down towards the ground," I cant get hurt again."

"So you protect yourself by hurting others? Good to know." I said beginning to walk away. 

" I didn't mean to hurt you." He said following close behind me. 

I rolled my eyes," Well you did."

He jogged ahead of me," I know."

I turned around and  looked into his green eyes that filled me with hope as he looked so sincere. I had to remind myself that he has done this before. Every time he apologizes, I give in and I end up regretting it. This time I was going to stand my ground and be strong. 

"I cant keep allowing you to do this to me. " I said. 

"I promise you, I wont mess up again." 

I thought about his words, wanting to forgive him but knowing that I shouldn't. He lied to me about what I am, he tried to erase my memory, he went from dry humping me to wanting nothing to do with me, and now he wants me again. 

"I need something thats stable, Harry. I cant handle what you put me threw."

He sat down on the ground and sighed," I cant promise anything stable, Samantha."

I sat down next to him," Then I cant be with you."

He put his head back against the stone wall," Why cant we just take it day by day?"

I crossed my arms," Why cant you promise to be stable?"

I watched as he smiled and turned to look at me," I asked you first."

I looked down at my hands and began to pick at my nails," My feelings for you are too strong to just take it day by day. One day you want me, the next day you dont, and that hurts."

He nodded," I cant have a long term relationship with you because you're not human."

I felt a wave of sadness come over me and the urge to cry was strong," Then why did you buy me? I know ive asked you before, but really, if the thought of being with me is so horrible, why did you bother?"

He scratched his neck," It was just supposed to be for sex, really. I wanted something that looked like a real girl and acted like a real girl without having to be involved romantically."

"So why not hire a stripper? Or have a one night stand?"

He smirked," I cant do that because of my fame. Plus, those girls are just in it for the bragging rights and money. They would either bribe me or rob me."

" How did you know I wouldn't do that?"

He laughed," Because you were programmed not to."

That was true, I couldn't see myself robbing anyone or using anyone to my advantage. I especially wouldn't do that to Harry.

I didn't want to ask him the next question, but I knew I had to. I had to see where we stood and where we were going to go from here. 

"Where do you see me in your future?" I asked him, terrified of the answer. 

He looked over at me," With you I have no future." 

I could feel his words slowly sink in, making my heart feel heavy with the pain of his answer. I was expecting something like this, but I was hoping he would say something different. I knew he was right, though. He didn't have a future with me.

"You dont age, you cant have children, you will always be young and when im old and still in the spotlight people are going to ask questions. Maybe by then dating a robot will be the norm, but in today's world, I would look like a freak."

I nodded," I understand. Your image is important to you."

He snorted," My image is everything. Its what brings in the money."

I couldn't explain how I was feeling in that moment. I was relieved that Harry was honest with me and told me he didn't see us having a future.  Mostly, I was disappointed because I knew no one would love me once they found out what I am. 

"I want Westley to do those tests on me." I told him. 

Harry looked at me," Why? You know that if he figures out how you feel he will take that from you."

I nodded,"  I would rather not know love than to have to suffer threw loving someone that I have no chance with."

He was quiet for a few minutes, and I was worried he was going to stop me from going back. 

"When do you want to go?" He asked.

"The sooner the better." I admitted. 

He nodded," Well lets go now then."

_____________________________________________________

Hello everyone! 

It has been so long since I updated, so I just wanted to drop this here. I know its probably shit since I have writers block pretty bad right now, but meh. 

I promise next chapter will be better!

Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate every single one of you.