Chapter Twelve

I had fallen asleep sometime around dawn because Harry had been knocking at the door all night long. I did my best to ignore him, rationalizing in my head if I chose to distance myself when he went back to Katelyn it would hurt me less. 

I had no idea if she was still here or if he had kicked her out. Part of me was dying to go downstairs and grab something to eat but the other part of me wanted to stay in bed and mope. I chose the latter, opting to stay locked in my bedroom until I was sure she was gone. I didn't want to be a third wheel, I didn't want to get in their way. 

 A soft knock on my door made me stop breathing, as I wanted to pretend I wasn't here. The knocks became louder and he began saying my name. I laid in the bed, my eyes starring up at the ceiling as I ignored him. 

"Sam, can you please open the door?" He asked.

I stayed silent," I just want you to know that I kicked her out last night, she didn't sleep here." 

That made me feel a little bit better," I made you breakfast." He said. 

I sighed, getting up from the bed and walking to the door. I opened the door, seeing Harry had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess. It looked like he had gotten no sleep. I walked past him and down the stairs towards the kitchen, seeing a plate of food on the counter and grabbing it. He had made scrambled eggs, pancakes, and sausage. 

"What happened last night?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen. 

I shrugged," It seemed like you two had some things to work out. I didn't want to be in the middle of it."

"So why did you lock yourself in your bedroom?" 

I rolled my eyes," Because Harry, im not blind. I can clearly see you still love her and she obviously has feelings for you too. And lets be real, if it came down to it we all know you would choose her." 

He sat down at the table, looking off into the distance," I think this was a mistake." 

I felt my heart drop," What was?"

He chewed on his lip," Having you come back here, asking you to date me, buying you. I should've known it wasn't going to end well."

"So you regret everything?"

He nodded," You are too involved with me. It wasn't supposed to be this way, you weren't supposed to be in love with me. I didn't even think you were capable of love."

I felt tears threaten to fall but I blinked them away," Why did you beg me to come with you? Why would you lead me on if you never felt the same way?" 

He scratched at his neck," Because when I was alone all I kept thinking about was you, but I realized after last night that its not you that I want." 

I had expected his words but they still hurt nonetheless," Then I will leave." 

He shook his head," I paid too much money for you to just walk away."

I wanted to cry but I refused to, I had cried over this man way too many times," Then what would you like me to do?"

He shrugged," Im going to have to reset you."

I frowned," What are you talking about?" 

I didn't understand what he meant by that, but I didn't have time to think about it. I saw his lips move but couldn't hear him, I tried to stand but my body wasn't responding. Suddenly, I felt my body begin to move, except I wasn't the one controlling it. I tried to ask Harry for help but no words were coming from my mouth. 

I began panicking as my body walked towards the basement door and down the stairs. I was helpless and couldn't do anything to stop what was happening. Panic began to over take me as I realized I was headed towards the box that I had came in.