Chapter Sixteen

I sat in the movie theater next to Riley as we watched A Quiet Place. I wasn't into romantic comedies or action movies, but I loved scary movies. This one was not as scary as I had hoped, but it was still interesting. 

"This movie is so quiet." Riley whispered to me. 

I smiled," Well it is called A Quiet Place." 

He nodded," True." 

I reached into the popcorn bowl and grabbed a handful stuffing my face. I didn't care what I looked like, mainly because I was not that into him. The whole time we were together I was thinking of Harry, even though I knew I shouldn't have been. 

The movie was over quicker than I had expected, and I groaned at the terrible ending," Thats it?" I said as the lights came on. 

Riley smirked," I thought it was good."

I shrugged," Not scary enough for me." 

He laughed," Well then what movie are you afraid of?" 

I put my finger to my lip and think about it," I dont think Ive ever seen a movie that has scared me." 

I watch my step as we make our way out of the theater," Have you ever seen The Grudge?" He asks. 

I shake my head," Ive never even heard of it."

He gasps," Well then I know what our next date is going to be." He says. 

I snort," Who says we are going to go on another date?" 

He puts his hand to his chest," That hurts, Sammy." 

I wrinkle my nose at the nickname he decided to give me," So where to next?"

" Do you like sushi?" He asked. 

I shake my head and make a face of disgust," Hell no."

He laughs," Okay, what about Mexican?"

I nod," Thats more my style." 

He grabs my hand and I have to fight the urge to pull away. We walk towards his car and drive to a small Mexican restaurant not far from the theater. We get seated as soon as we enter and I order a margarita. 

" Dont get too drunk, you'll make it easy for me to take advantage of you."

I look at him blank faced as he begins to smile. I force a smile and avert my eyes to the menu, turned off by what he said. Maybe there wont be another date after all. 

I decide on a burrito and he orders a rice dish. He eats quickly as I sit there and pick at my burrito, wondering what Harry was doing. 

"So," He begins and takes a sip of his drink," Tell me more about you."

I shrug and smile," There isn't much to know about me."

He rolls his eyes," So you're another basic bitch?"

I scoff," Excuse me?"

He laughs," Relax sweetie, I was just joking."

He calls the waiter for the check and looks at me expectantly. I look at him and ask him whats wrong, and he just shakes his head and hands the waiter his card. 

"Okay." He says, dragging out the word. 

"Is something wrong?" I ask. 

He looks annoyed," Usually the girls I take out offer to pay, no big deal." He says. 

I raise my eyebrow," Well you invited me out, I just expected you to pay." I answer. 

"I was going to pay regardless, but its polite to at least offer."