Chapter Fifteen

The walk back to Westleys office was a quiet one. Its not that I didn't want to talk to him, its that I had nothing to say. Everything he said was the truth, he didn't have a future with me. He would find a human girl to love him, and he would grow old with them. He deserved that. 

I hoped that Westley could take these feelings away from me. Maybe he could even erase my memory of Harry altogether. The way I felt now was terrible, I felt defeated and all alone. I never wanted to feel this way again. 

I made my way up to Westleys office, not bothering to check in with his secretary this time. I went into his office to find him in the same spot we left him. 

"Welcome back." He said smiling. 

"I want you to fix me." 

He looks to Harry who shows no emotion on his face," I would need your owners approval."

Harry sits down and sighs," What will you do to her?"

Westley licks his lips," Its a very complicated operation to describe to someone who does not understand the terminology. I suppose in laymen terms I would essentially be operating on her by taking out her brain and reprogramming it."

He nods," Does that hurt her?"

He chuckles," She can not feel pain, Mr. Styles."

"You also thought she wouldn't be able to love, but here we are." He says seriously. 

Westley smiles," Touche'." 

Harry looks at me," Will it change her personality?"

He hums, tilting his head to think," Without any history of this happening, I can not say for sure. Imagine if someone were to take away your emotions, do you think that would change you?"

Harry chews on his lip," I think it would make life a lot more boring." 

I listen to their conversation, thinking about what it would be like to not feel. I would no longer get excited when my favorite song comes on, or sad when a dog dies in a movie. I would never be able to feel empathy for another living thing again. I would always feel...empty. 

Was feeling nothing at all better than feeling this weight on my heart? 

"If you take away my feelings, will I ever be able to get them back?" I ask. 

Westley clasps his hands together and rests his chin on his knuckles," Again, as this is the first time this has ever happened, I would not know. There is a chance that I might not be able to eradicate your emotions. Anything is possible at this point." 

"Sam..." Harry says. 

I look to him to see apprehension all over his face. Does that mean he doesn't want me to go threw with it? That damn glimmer of hope burns bright at his words. 

"I dont consent." Harry says. 

I look at him, a warmth spreading threw me. He smiles at me and then turns to look at Westley who is eyeing us curiously. 

"As you wish Mr. Styles." 

"Thank you for your time." Harry says standing and extending his hand out for me to take. 

I grab his hand and we walk towards the exit of the building. We get into the car and I have so many questions I want to ask him. What does this mean? Does he want to take us seriously? 

Instead of bombarding him I stay quiet, not wanting to rush to conclusions. That always seems to be a fault of mine, I take things too personally and make assumptions that just hurt me in the end.