Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

I run to my room at the back of the house and set my school bag on the desk. I grab at my back pocket for my phone, but it isn't there. What the hell? I begin to worry. It takes me until I pad myself down and check the side pouches of my backpack before realizing.

"Aish, Jungkook."

Jungkook's POV

After I get home and into my bedroom, I throw my bag on my bed. I pull off my jacket and notice an odd weight in the left pocket. Y/n's phone...

I walk to my window and open the curtains. Y/n is staring at the house from her flat rooftop and notices me in the window as soon as I revealed myself.

"Yah!! Jeon Jungkook!"

I open her phone and go to her messaging app. Idiot, who doesn't put a password on their phone? I look up and I see that she's gone. A few seconds later there's a banging on my door.

Your POV

He starts messing with my phone. I need to get it back. And I need to put a password on that thing.

I run down the stairs, back into the house, and out the front door, going as fast as I can to Jungkook's house. I know which one it is because he's my back-door neighbor apparently. If he doesn't answer in the next-

After about 30 seconds I hear footsteps run down a staircase and the front door opens. He wears a slightly nervous expression before changing it to give me an innocent smile.

"What is it, Y/n?"

"You know what it is."

"Fine, fine. You're no fun," he says, taking my phone out of his back pocket and handing it to me, but instead of the phone, all I get is the [favorite color] case.

"Excuse me," I say through gritted teeth, looking down.

"Hm?" He innocently questions as I look up.

"My phone, please."

"Hmm... I don't think I'll give it to you."

"Why?"

"You'll have to owe me something."

"No I won't, you stole it."

"Fair point." He takes my phone out of his back pocket and finally begins to push it in my direction. I reach for it but he pulls it back.

"You owe me."

"Ugh, fine," I declare before snatching my phone and running back to the house.

"Thanks, bye!!!" I yell before I leave his street.

When I walk inside my house not even 5 minutes later, my mom is standing by the door.

"Why did you just run out like that?"

I can't think of a lie, or even a way to bend the truth.

"I had to get my phone back from a friend."

"And it only took 5 minutes?"

"Yeah, he doesn't live far."

"He?"

"I can have guy friends, Mom."

"Why did he have your phone in the first place?"

"Because he stole it."

She narrows her eyes at me.

"Whatever," she says and waves me off.

I run to my room and flop on my bed. I open my phone and immediately go to put a password on it. What is something easy to remember, but not too personal, and at the same time, no one would expect?

I came to my conclusion and simply made my password my nickname. No one would expect it, right?

After I'm done with that, I open my messaging app and see a new contact. "Jungkookie♡" Who does he think he is? Is this what he was doing on my phone?

I go into my group chat, which I appropriately named "Crazy Kids". They're younger than me, I can call them kids.

I don't feel like reading up so I just read what's going on at the moment. Ki and Areum are arguing, like they do daily. They're best friends though. Everyone ships them, but no Areum is as straight as... what's something that's straight?

Bella, our English friend, notices I read the last message.
----
Bella Y/N!!!!!!!!

Ki who did you leave us for?
do you have a bf that youre
not telling us about?

Areum or girlfriend

Ki right
Ki or gf

Huh?

Seong you said something
about leaving because you
were with someone

Did I?

Seong umm... yeah

Well it doesn't matter
anyways

Hyerin Umm... okay...

Areum so you don't have
a boyfriend?

If I did I would tell
you guys

Areum Okay

Hyerin okay
-

--

We continue to talk and chat until 2 am, I even bring my phone to the dinner table. My family is used to it, though, me not engaging in their conversations. Almost as soon as I set my alarm and put my phone down, already on the charger, I crash into dreamland. But, I don't get why I call it that, as I rarely have any dreams.

***
A/N
This part was actually going to be a lot longer, but I cut it so I could update.