Storytime

The other day my friend, let's call her Z for confidentiality, said she needed a binder to write her fanfiction in and I told her I could give her one. So, today I gave her one of my old ones that I used for Spanish class last year. Meaning it had had my name written in big, bold letters on the inside. After about 5 minutes in our geometry class, I watched her eyes widen and asked her what was wrong.

"I left the binder in reading class."

Immediately I start to panic.

Our other friend, let's call him J, was obviously confused because he didn't know what could be so wrong with a binder.

"What?"J questioned us.

"She uses that binder to write fanfiction," I answered.

"It'll be fine, it doesn't have my name in it. No one will know it's mine." Z declared.

"But it has MY name in it."

Okay, I do write fanfiction, obviously. But, it's not like I want anyone to know that! And it's not even my story.

Everyone was panicking and it's all we talked about for the entire class.

We all started coming up with all the different possibilities of what could happen and what we would do.

What if somebody who doesn't like me finds it? There are a lot of people who don't like me.

What if someone reads it? That would just be embarrassing.

Hopefully the teacher found it before anybody else did.

During transition to the next class, we went together to see if it was still there but the teacher said someone else took it. When I got to my next class, I found out the person who took it gave it to my friend to give to me. I was more relieved than I thought was possible.

Lesson: don't lose what you use to write fanfiction.