Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

50 minutes pass and I put my purse across my body and open it up to put my phone inside and count my money.

I have $56? Wow I haven't gone out in a long time.

I walk out of my room and close the door, not forgetting to turn off the light, and walk to the living room to
sit on the couch and wait.

Ayeon looks up at me from her phone, which she's probably reading fanfiction on.

"You going somewhere?" she asks me.

"Yeah I'm going to hang out with a friend."

"A girl or guy friend?"

"Does it matter?"

"A little. Last I checked, your only friends lived in Busan, so how long have you known this person?"

"His name is Jungkook. I met him two days ago in detention but we used to go to elementary school together. His mom was my teacher in fifth grade."

"Lit," she says before going back to her phone.

Exactly ten minutes later there's knocking at our door.

I get up to greet him and Ayeon gets up to meet him.

"Hi bunny!"

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" Ayeon says while holding my head and rubbing my face. She's weird.

"Uhh. Well, I was just hoping to have fun and hang out today but I have to wait for her to fall in love with me before I try anything risky," he responded, making me fluster and shocking Ayeon.

"What type of response was that?" Ayeon said loudly.

Ummm, what does he mean? Surely he's joking, right? Right? But he doesn't look like he's joking. And what does he mean by "risky"?

"I mean exactly what I said," he replies, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to his car.

I'm shocked and unable to say a word until I get a message.

Sista

Keep him he's bold

Wtffff

What? XD

don't just say things
like that

Whatever

Don't forget to send
pictures so I can make
edits

And we're talking when
you get home

alright alright

Did he actually mean what he said?

I look over at him to try to read his expression. He doesn't look like he's teasing or kidding.

He can't be serious.

"You think I'm joking, right?" he says to me in a knowing voice.

"I can't tell."

"Good," he simply responds,"where do you wanna go?"

"You mean we've been driving aimlessly this whole time?"

"Yeah, so where do you wanna go? You've gotta have some place in mind."

I have been wanting to go check out the new make-up store at the mall but... I don't want to bore him. It's a make-up store.

"Not really, do you have a place in mind?" I lied. But honestly, most girls say "I don't know," so I think that was a step up.

"Hmm... you wanna go to the mall? I keep hearing girls talk about an awesome new make-up store there."

Did he read my mind?

"Let's go then," he said.

I guess he knew my answer by my facial expression. Is this kid my soulmate or something? How does he always know what I'm thinking?