Chapter 10

Y/n's POV

Jungkook drove me back home before dinner time. He offered to help carry the bags into my house when he was unloading them from the trunk, but I politely declined(like five times) and lugged the ELEVEN BAGS to my room. I came back out when I was done dropping them on the floor to say goodbye as he requested.

When I finally closed the door I went back to my room to change into a big T-shirt and some shorts, not wanting to deal with all the shopping bags, and came back out to the living room to see that Ayeon is still on the couch. She looks up from her phone that is now on a charger.

"How'd it go?" she says and wiggles her eyebrows.

How did it go? It was just a fun day out with a friend.

"It was fun," I said in a plain voice,  not ruining her mood.

"But Y/nnnnn, this was the first time you've been out with a friend in a while, and based on what he said before he snatched you away from me, I can't help but to think he likes you."

I roll my eyes at her and try to interrupt, but she continues anyway.

"PLUS you came home with a bunch of bags that I know you don't have the money for. He paid for it, right?"

I try to interrupt again, but her excitedness is flowing out of her lips. I was okay with dating pretty much anyone in middle school because I knew it wasn't gonna last, but since I started high school, no one has really asked me out. I've always been an antisocial loner that no one wants to talk to in their eyes. Any semi-romantic thing that happens to me is exciting to her, and all of my friends.

"Oh my gosh did you try on outfits and have him judge them? I ship! I ship all the way! New OTP!"

"Ayeon if you keep acting like this it's gonna get awkward between me and him," I pouted.

"Oh hehe, sorry."

She understands what it's like because every time we hang out with a boy Mom assumes he likes us or that we're secretly dating, even if the dude is openly gay.

"Oh by the way, Mom and Dad came home while you were gone. I told them you were taking a nap so they wouldn't try to look for you. We're on our own for dinner, they're having a date night."

"Well that's just wonderful," I smile bitterly,"I was gonna ask them tonight if I could go to Busan for spring break."

If I don't ask them tonight, I'll definitely forget to ask until last minute and I won't be able to go.

"Chill, you can ask them when they get back."

Right, I'm crazy. I never think.

"Hehe, true."

There's a comfortable pause before Ayeon goes back onto her phone, not much longer before I do the same. Probably about five minutes later she asks if I want to dance, my answer of course being yes.

We started with 4Minute's Whatcha Doin' Today, danced to Bboom Bboom somewhere throughout the mix of the songs, and ended with Remember Me by Victon, since after that song we both plopped down onto the couch and didn't feel like getting back up. We both decided on a drama together, but it really ended up just being background noise since we both got on our phones to message our friends until our parents got home.

***
Sorry it took so long. I wish I could've updated sooner but with everything that was happening I've been feeling really stressed and annoyed. I got a little bit of writer's block but the lack of creativity inspired a lot. And I feel really awkward writing author's notes I should stop. Thank you for reading.