twenty three

XXIII.

"You can't go out of the school!" A voice yelled making me startled, eyes widened and abruptly turned around only to lock with Jungkook's eyes. He was quite mad just by the expressions he was showing.

"What?" I stepped back, completely startled by his actions. I don't get why he is showing such a scary expression that I couldn't even determine if he is really angry at me. Why would someone be mad for getting out of the school premises?

His fist clenched as his eyes intensely pierced a burning hole in mine. I stook another step back as he approached, and was getting nearer. "You can't go outside— not ever."

I stared at him, baffled and completely dumbfounded as his eyes got teary. Now, he is crying making me confused even more. One second he was furious, and the next thing I know, he is getting all ready to tear up over something I'm completely clueless.

"If you do—" He choked on his words, lips quiver with his eyes glistening, and eyes never leave my gaze. "I won't remember a thing from you."

"What the—"

"Please let me protect you this time, for the last time." He whimpered, pulling you into a hug causing me to squeak, and my lips parted in surprised, stiffened when Jungkook squeezed me tightly in his arms. 

What the hell is happening? Why is he acting like this? These questions started ramming in my head as he hugged me tighter and tighter. What does he mean by forgetting and protecting me this time? Did something ever happened before I lost all my memories?

"What? Why?" I shuddered, voice squeaking as Jungkook shuddered the next words that sent shivers down to my spine.

"If you do," His chest heaved up and down, breath hitting the flesh of my skin on the neck. "You'll go back in the first place."

What? Go back in the first place? What does he mean? I asked, mentally. I tried to get away from Jungkook's grip but I couldn't. I wanted to ask him more questions properly, and I want to have the answers that I wanted. Just like why am I here? Why did I lose my memories in the first place? Was it really an accident just like what my nanny explained?

'Don't ever try to overcome me!' A voice suddenly screamed, echoing throughout as my body suddenly starting to feel weak and fatigue. What is happening?

I snapped out of my thoughts, pulling away from Jungkook. I turned around side to side to find the source of the voice only to see there was none. It has been like this ever since I woke up, and nothing could scare me anymore. Nothing could ever scare me anymore considering what I've been through the past days I've been here.

All my hardwork will be vanished into waste! The voice whispered again causing your knees to suddenly go feeble as you dropped on the ground.

I know, I know there's something fishy about this whole situation. From the way my nanny acted as if I shouldn't make a mistake in front of everyone to the way the young masters acted every single day, not giving me a break. Even me feeling strange about the times I will remember something but then a few seconds, it will vanish right away. This is too weird for someone like me to experience hearing and seeing things. I've been hunted.

Jungkook just then was quick to catch me as soon as my body fell limp that I didn't even notice. I could even feel his heart pounding against his chest. There's something's wrong with me, I just can't point it out. I don't have any clue. But then something hit me. 

The dream.

It was a dream where I saw a girl with Jungkook, but then again, why can't I remember her face nor my memories? As if once again, my brain is slowly changing and forgetting my current memories. Why can't I remember everything again? My eyes fell heavy, and my head feels empty, unfamiliar memories came rushing in.

"Isn't it too early?" He asked as I could see him furrowing his eyebrows as he tightened his arms around me in order for him not to loose his grip.

I gasped once again, and soon, fell on the floor, feeling myself got weak all of a sudden, and feeling my life being sucked out of me. I breathed in heavily, gasping for air before I fell unconscious. I tried to fight through, not wanting the weakness overcome me. I don't want to lose consciousness, I've embarassed myself several times by fainting for no reason.

'No!' A scream, a familiar female voice echoes my entire surrounding making me startle and my mind suddenly open up, seeing this white light before reaching it out. My eyes felt heavy once again, and I tried to keep my eyes open to stay conscious.

'I want to see them!' I heard the female scream again making my heart twist. Why? Why doesn't she want me to get out of the darkness? 'Don't do it! Let me out! Let me see them!'

"Love?" Jungkook's voice resonated my ears in which it tones in a nonchalantly and quiet way making me confused. 

Who is he calling love? I blinked before turning around, meeting his eyes that were filled with hope of seeing someone. Was he waiting for someone to come? Because I know those eyes. Besides that, Jungkook never called me 'love', and If he did, could I even remember?

"Are you calling me?" I asked, and his lips falters.

"What?" It was as if he realised it was still me. Was he really hoping someone beside me?

"It's you." He frowned making me confuse before his lips pressed into thin line. "I mean—are you okay?"

I nodded, hesitantly before his eyes connected with my eyes. I blinked, feeling a sudden silence surrouding us with Jungkook probably feeling awkward because he may or may not have been expecting something.

"She won't know, right?" He mumbled under his breath, and that moment there, I was suspiscious.

"Who would know—" I was cut off by me squealing as I felt Jungkook's arms snaking behind my back and my legs.

"Jungkook!" He lifted me up before he gave me a small smile, and dragging me inside the building once again, not caring about everyone around. 

The people around were watching the scene with a creepy smiles on their faces. Hence, the situation caused the entire people in the Academy to squeal as the couple of the school is finally at it again. Everyone who saw the scene took their phones out, immediately typing things and words of what happened to the two of up. They probably even took photos and videos.

The videos spreads throughout the entire school, and I didn't know that it would cause a ruckus the next few hours after the other young masters found out about it.

Author's Notes: advanced updates are available on HINOVEL.COM or HINOVEL app (both vailable on iOs and Android). Don't forget to leave a comment and like! Thank you!