4

(Still Jackson's p. O. V)

I made my way downstairs and sat down on the couch, completely exhausted. I yawned and leaned back.

The sound of feet approaching me made me lift my head up. Mark walked into the room and looked over at me.

"Are you still upset?"

"About?"

"Having to take care of Max, and also for me buying all those things?"

"It's in the past alright? Forget about it."

He looked away, I guess I should tell him what Maxy said.

"Maxy said something when I put her in bed."

"What did she say?"

"She said that.... H-her parents always fought, and she was glad that she had us."

I cursed myself, it was half the truth.

"Oh, that's horrible. I do for how it would feel to be parents"

I shook my head, "Are you serious?"

He frowned,"What?"

"Kids are annoying, and that's too much work."

He walked over to me, "Then why are you helping?"

I stood up and shook my head, then walked into the kitchen. He followed right behind me.

"Answer me."

"I don't have to answer you," I snapped facing him.

"Tell me why you're helping if you think it's too much work."

"The only reason I'm doing this is because I have to, not because I want to. This is a freaking mission, she's not our child alright?!"

I flash of hurt passed over his face, then it was gone.

"Fine."

He turned on his heel, I grabbed his arm.

"Mark-"

"Don't, you're right... She's just part of our mission. It's stupid to develop feelings for her.... Or anyone else."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

I tightened my hold, "Mark, tell me."

"Let go.... Now."

I released him, and frowned, he's never showed that type of emotion with me before.

He narrowed his eyes and marched out of the kitchen. I cursed myself and ran a hand through my hair. Why the hell did I say that to him?

Mark's P. O. V

I held my knees to my chest tightly, looking out at the dark neighborhood. After the argument with Jackson, I made my way to to the roof.

It was the one place where I could think. Where I could be myself and let my feelings show.

Right now I was feeling sad and angry. How could Jackson think that Max is just part of the mission?

I mean, she is, but she's so much more than that. She's a little girl who's list everything. Her family, her friends, everything. Jackson and I were the only ones who care for her.

Then Jackson has the decency to tell me that she's nothing to him. That she's just part of the mission.

What was wrong with him?! I sighed in frustration and put my head in my knees. This was annoying.

Especially when I said that I shouldn't have feelings for her... Or anyone else. I almost freaked out. I thought that Jackson would figure out what I said. I'm glad that he didn't.

Footsteps approached me from behind, so help me if it was Jackson I was going to kick his ass. In the roof or not.

"Go away Jackson. "

"I'm not Jackson."

I turned around and saw my friend, Yugyeom, standing there. He had a black shirt, black jacket, and black jeans on. His hair was messy and black as well. Like a their in the night.

"Yugyeom."

He smiled and walked over to me then sat down.

"Why did you think I was Jackson?"

"Um....no reason... I.....we had a little argument."

"Like a lover's quarrel?"

I blushed, "No, we're not lover's!"

"Yeah and I'm not gay."

"But you are."

He rolled his eyes, "My point is that you guys are like a couple."

"No we're not."

He chuckled, then stood up.

"I have to go, but thunk about what I said."

"And what's that?"

"You and Jackson have something special, even if you don't know it."