13

Mark's P. O. V

I opened my eyes to find myself wrapped up in a warm blanket- what, what? When did I go home last night? I sat up quickly and looked around a room that was definitely not mine.

The room was bathed in warm sunlight that was coming through the windows. The blanket was light blue, there was a joined bathroom and a walk in closet.

"Mommy?"

I looked over next to me to find Max sitting up, rubbing sleep out of her eyes.

"Hey, Max, why are you here?"

She looked around, "Where are we?"

"I don't know sweetie, how did you get here? I thought Jackson was going to pick you up?"

"Daddy didn't come, then two guys told me that they could take me to you. They said that Daddy was at a meeting."

"Two guys? What car did they pull up in?"

"It was a white van.... Why?"

The white van from the park, I knew something felt off about that freaking car. People were spying on us.

I got out of bed, "Come on Max, we're leaving."

She nodded and took my hand, we walked to the door. I opened it quietly and poked my head out, looking down both ways of the hallway. It was empty, so I picked Max up and hurried down the hallway.

"Mommy, where is the door?"

"I don't know, Shh, quiet okay?"

She nodded, I heard footsteps approaching down the hallway in our direction. I cursed and hid behind a wall as they walked past us.

After they had turned the corner down the hall, I hurried down the rest of the hallway and turned the corner. I saw the stairs and at the bottom of them was the front door.

There were people talking at the bottom of the steps. I recognized Taeyang. I put Max down and took out my gun from underneath my shirt. Max's eyes widened.

"What are you doing with a gun Mommy?"

"It's for self defence, to protect you and me. Now listen to me, I want you to run to the door okay? I'll distract them and you go okay?"

"But what happen to you if I leave you here?"

"I'll get out okay? Now, once you get out, call Daddy okay?"

She nodded, I handed her my phone, and pulled her behind a wall so they wouldn't see her.

"Okay, once you see that they're away from the door, you run for it okay?"

"Okay, Mommy I'm scared."

"It's going to be okay? I promise."

I kissed the top of her head, as he bottom lip quivered.

"Be a big girl okay?"

"Okay."

I smiled and walked over to the stairs, I walked down them.

"Hey guys."

They looked at me, Taeyang smiled, "Mark, what are you doing up?"

I pointed my gun at him, "Where am I?"

He smiled and motioned for his men to relax, "You're at my house."

I glared at him, "Why am I here?"

I walked around them so that they're backs were facing the door. I saw Max walk down the steps then opened the door.

"You were feeling unwell, so I helped you."

Max looked at me, then hurried out the door shutting it behind her.

"Well, can I go home?"

"I'm afraid not.... You see.... My brother would love to talk to you."

His men advanced towards me and refrained me from taking them out. They held my hands behind my back. I didn't care what they did to me as long as Max got out of here. And she did, so my job was complete.

Taeyang stood in front of me smiling. "Come on Mark, let's have a talk with my brother."