6

Jackson's P. O. V

I placed the cool towel on Mark's forehead. His breathing had calmed down, but he was still sweating. After we had got him inside the house, Jb checked his forehead and said that he had a fever.

I'm glad it was just that, I thought it was something else. I sighed and sat back in my chair, looking him sleep. I was worried about him, but I was pissed as well.

Mark stirred slightly, but didn't wake up. His hair was plastered on his forehead.

"Daddy?"

I turned around to find Maxy there, why did I allow her to call me that? She rubbed her eyes, I groaned inwardly.

"What is it?" I asked.

She walked over to were I was sitting next to Mark's bed. She looked at him, worry crossing her face.

"Is mommy okay?"

"Mark is fine Maxy, he's just a little sick is all."

Tears came to her eyes, what did I say?

"I heard you and mommy fighting downstairs."

I picked her up, and set her on my knee.

"We weren't fighting, we were talking. And besides, you should be in bed."

"So should you."

Damn, she got me on that one. I smiled and stood up.

"Okay, I'll take you to bed, then I'll go to bed deal?"

She put her finger on her chin thinking.

"I want a donut tomorrow."

"How about a piece of watermelon, and a smoothie?"

"Two smoothies, and watermelon."

"Deal."

She smiled and shook my hand, I smiled.

"Where did you learn to make deals like that?"

"From Jb."

"Of course."

Mark stirred slightly, I put Maxy down and told her to go to her room. She left without question, closing the door behind her.

I turned my attention to Mark, who's eyes were opening slowly.

He sat up slowly, and winced, holding his head. I frowned.

"You should lay back down."

He nodded slowly, and laid back down, looking at me. He opened his mouth, but I cut him off.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!"

My anger returned, Mark closed his mouth, opened it, then closed it again. I shook my head.

"Where were you?"

"I was on the roof and-"

"I meant, where were you after you left the roof?"

He looked away, "At a bar."

"Drinking?"

"Yeah."

I balled my fist up, "What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't okay?"

"Clearly. Tell me something, why would you drink when you know that you have a little girl to protect?"

"Well, it's like you said, she's just a mission so I shouldn't be getting attached to her," he replied bitterness filling his voice.

"I know what I said okay? And I didn't mean it."

"Whatever."

"Mark-"

"How did I get back here anyway?"

"Taehyung dropped you off, you were unconscious and running a fever."

Mark closed his eyes, "Taehyung huh?"

"Yeah, why were you in his territory, you know it's forbidden to go there."

"Oh, well, I had some problems and feelings to drink away. That's why." he snapped.

"Will you knock it off with the attitude?!"

He glared at me, "Why don't you go talk to Maxy some more, or check on her. Just make sure you don't get too attached to her."

I stood up, my chair falling back to the ground. I stormed out of the room and closed the door. I walked downstairs where the others were.

"You okay man?" Jb asked.

"Yeah, just.... Discussing something with Mark."

"Cool he's up," Yugyeom said smiling.

"Sounds like you guys were arguing more than talking," Jr said.

"Yeah, listen it's late and everyone needs to rest..... "

They nodded and headed to the door, Jr stopped and looked at me.

"Sometimes it's okay to let your feelings show in this mission. She is a little girl after all."

I nodded, he walked out of the door, and I closed it behind him.

She's a little girl, huh?

(Hey, I just realized that I made a mistake in the first chapter. It's actually Taeyang that he meets, so yeah. I fixed it though, sorry again. )