16

Jackson's P. O. V

"Taehyung, nice to see you again.... Alive."

He smiled even though there was no kindness behind it.

"I could say the same for you Jackson."

I saw Mark out of the corner of my eye, he was tense. I narrowed my eyes at Taehyung.

"So, are you going to kill me or just stand there holding the gun?"

He lowered the gun slightly, "I was thinking about killing you.... But then I had-"

"A change of heart?"

"Eww, no, that's gross, I had another idea. It involved the son of my enemy and his little boyfriend too."

"I don't really understand what any of this has to do with me," Mark said.

"Don't you see? You're my enemy, I don't like you-"

"The feeling is neutral, but can't we just form an alliance, rather than fighting all the time."

"Mark, be quiet," I said.

He frowned, "Aren't you tired of killing people?"

"No," Taehyung replied.

I shook my head, "It's obvious that reasoning isn't going to change your mind."

"Maybe I can help?" Taeyang said from behind Taehyung.

He turned around and came face to face with his gun. Taehyung lowered his gun and glared at his brother.

"Taeyang, what are you doing?"

"Something that I should have done a while ago."

He looked over at us, "Go you two."

"What are you doing?!" Taehyung asked advancing toward us.

Taeyang shot him in his leg, causing him to fall.

"Taeyang-"

"Hurry up you two."

I grabbed Mark's hand and pulled him out of the room. I ignored his shouts telling me to go back for him.

We ran outside and met up with Maxy and the others. I picked her up and got into the car.

"I'll call you once we drop Maxy off okay?"

They nodded, Mark got in as I put Maxy in the car. I walked over to the other side of the car and got in. I started the car and drove down the street.

Mark's P. O. V

The car was filled with silence as we drove down the street. Max was asleep in the back, completely exhausted from today's events. I didn't blame her, I was the same. There are a bunch of emotions running wild right now.

"Hey, you okay?"

I blinked and looked at Jackson, "I'm fine."

I meant for it to come out polite, but it came out clipped. Jackson glanced at me, then returned his attention back to the road.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Don't pull that shit with me."

"Do we have to give her to her aunt and uncle?"

"Yes, she'll be safe with them, you know that if she's with us she'll only end up getting hurt. "

"I know," I whispered.

"Mark, it's for the best"

I didn't say anything, I just turned my attention to the window as he continued to drive.

~

It wasn't long before we pulled up in front of an old looking house. We both got out.

"Bring Maxy, I'll talk to her aunt and uncle." Jackson said.

I nodded and opened Max's door, I picked her up trying not to wake her up but that didn't go as planned.

"Mommy?"

She rubbed her eyes, I bit my lip and closed the car door. I walked to the house where Jackson was talking to two people.

"Mommy, where are we?"

"We're taking you to a place where you'll be safe."

"But to who?"

My throat tightened up, "You'll be staying with people that are going to be taking care of you for awhile."

"But I don't want anyone else to take care of me. I want you and daddy to take care of me."

I walked up the stairs to the house where Jackson and the others were waiting.

"You have to stay with them okay Max?"

"But I don't want to."she cried

Jackson pulled her away from me, she started crying.

"Maxy stop it, you have to stay with them okay?"

"But I don't want to. Please mommy and daddy."

Tears fell down my face, "Be good for mommy and daddy okay?"

She cried harder, her aunt picked her up and carried her inside. She cried louder, the uncle thanked us and went inside closing the door behind him.

I started crying, jackson put an arm around my shoulder.

"Come on Markie, let's go home."

He held me close to his side as we walked back to the car.

Sorry if the middle was a little confusing. This chapter was sad. I kind of cringed at the shooting part..... Sorry...