The Lavery Twins - Chapter 20

Chapter 20.

~HOLLY'S POINT OF VIEW~

I threw on my oversized Roots hoodie when I felt it starting to get a bit chilly. It was almost dark, and everybody wanted to make a fire. The guys brought all these chairs out, and planted them around the fire pit, and Rachel and Morgan are setting up a big tent. It was a bit windy, and it was so nice compared to the burning heat during the day. I put my hair up in a quick bun, and slumped down onto a chair beside Ally, who was in Cookie Monster pyjama pants and a black sweater.

"Do we have marshmellows?" Ally asked. I grimaced as she smirked at me. I've always hated marshmellows - I honestly cannot stand the stickyness and the gooeyness of them.

"Yeah, we do actually," Amber looked up. She was reading the instructions for the Tent as she helped Rachel and Morgan. Apparently this tent was humungous, if we didn't use air mattresses, we could probably bunk it all together. My eyes trailed over to everybody, landing on Matt. He was trying to fall asleep in the camping chair he was sitting in. His hoodie was zipped up all the way, and he had his hood on.

"Matt!" Amber snapped, startling Matt. Amber raised an eyebrow. "Can you go grab some wood from the dock shed?"

Matt groaned, and pulled his hood down, revealing a mess of hair on his head. I smirked as he got up, and bit my lip for a second. Matt started to walk away, and I took a deep breath.

"Matt, wait," I called, getting up to follow him. Matt stopped in his tracks as he waited for me to catch up to him. A grin crept onto his face.

"Holly," he said, amused, "Are you sure you'll be able to help me?"

I scoffed, putting my hands on my hips. "Well, obviously. Lets be honest here, Matt, I'm probably stronger than you." I know that was a total lie, but I always liked challenging him. Matt doesn't like to be challenged. However, Matt grinned as he shook his head and continued his way to the shed. I couldn't help but notice how pretty the water looked at this time of day. As the sun set, it casted this angle of light on the lake which made the whole area almost....glow. It was so pretty. Yes, I realised I just called a lake pretty. FISH.

When we got to the dock, I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I followed Matt to the shed. The shed is where they keep all the random things like paddle boats, firewood, ores, canoes....anything really. It looked small on the outside, but as I walked in, I found my jaw drop at how big it really was.

"There's the wood," Matt announced, and I looked at the big pile of fire wood in the corner. It looked heavy.

"No problem," I said, nodding my head as I went to pick up a piece. Yeah, there's no way I can go through with this. I tried to make it look like I was just faking being a weak ass little hoe, but I failed. And Matt started laughing.

I groaned. "It's not my fault."

"Holly, you're just too strong for your own good," Matt sighed, and took the wood from me. The way he just carried it so easily, it was....hot. Matt held the piece in one arm, and picked up another without any struggle. Fvck him. I scowled.

Matt flashed me a teasing smile. "Come on, Holly, just try."

"I can't."

"Try. Use those muscles you're always bragging about." He smirked at me, and I playfully rolled my eyes. Looking down at the wood, I quickly stretched out my arms, limbering up. Yes, I know it's probably easy to carry fire wood, but....honestly, I'm probably the weakest human being on this planet.

I bent over, and prepared myself to lift it up. I could feel Matt's eyes on me, waiting. I took a deep breath. "Okay," I said, and clenched my jaw as I used about all my strength to lift up the fire wood.