1

Paige

I am seated in the front passenger seat of my boyfriend's car as we return from our valedictory party. Honestly, I'm still finding it difficult to believe that I'm done with High School.

"What's on your mind, Paige?" My boyfriend, Brian asks.

"Isn't this amazing, Brian? We're finally done with High School."

His laughter floats around the car. I like it when he laughs.

"I know right? It's so soon."

I nod and I wonder what would happen next with us now that we're finally done with High School. Are we going to continue with our relationship or is it just going to be thrown away. I smile as I recall vividly, our one year anniversary last week. I don't want us to throw it away.

"Seriously babe, what's on your mind?" he asks.

"Nothing really. I'm just thinking of how life would be without High School. I miss it already," I lie.

"It'll be fun, no more Miss Clarence bossing us around. You'll like it," he says, stopping his car in front of my gate.

"I had a nice time with you today. Paige," he continues speaking as he leans forward and kisses my right cheek.

"Me too, Brian. Have a goodnight. I love you," I say as I alight from the car.

"Love you too, baby girl."

I watch him drive off and head for my gate. As I walk, I ponder on the thoughts again. What's going to happen to us now?

"Welcome back, sweetie. How was your valedictory?" I'm asked as I enter the living room.

"It was fine, mum."

"My little girl is finally done with High School, she's all grown up now!" Mum exclaims, "Seems like it was just yesterday you were wearing diapers, look at you now," she continues.

Just yesterday? That was actually 16 years ago.

"What's so special with being done with High school? I'll soon be done anyway. It's no biggie," Phoebe says.

Phoebe is my younger sister and she won't be done with High School till the next two years.

"You call two years soon?" I ask.

"Whatever!" she says fidgeting with her dark brown hair. Just like Phoebe, I'm a brunette too. We obviously inherited our hair from mum.

******

The dining is being set when dad arrives.
"Hey, dad. Welcome back," I say, giving him a hug.

"How was your day, sweetie?"

"It was awesome, dad. I had so much fun."

"Mine was fantastic, dad. I mean I stayed all day at home doing nothing," Phoebe interrupts.

"I was going to ask you, Phoebe,' Dad replies.

Phoebe is about to say something but my mum speaks first, "Ignore the girls, darling. Let's have dinner."

Finally, I'm starving.

After a rushed dinner, I head to the sitting room and put on the TV. Shortly, Phoebe joins me on the couch. She's staring at me. What does she want now?

"So how's Brian? You guys broken up yet?" she asks.

I don't think I want to have this conversation with her.

"Phoebe, that's none of your business."

"Come on, dear sister. Satisfy my curiousity," she says, leaning towards me on the couch to rest her head on my laps.