36

Paige

I am focused at my reflection in my mirror. After spending minutes trying to decide if I'd look better with my head pulled in a ponytail or if I'd just let it flow, I decide to go with the ponytail.

"Paige, Dad wants us to have lunch together, " Phoebe says standing at my door.

"Yeah sure, I'll be there soon."

I run a pink coloured lipstick over the pale pink color of my lips and then I clean it. This is Brenda's fault! After our sleep over the night she visited, she dared me to wear lipstick when next I plan to leave home.

"Uh. What are you doing? " Phoebe asks.

"Nothing, " I say quickly. I knew I shouldn't have left my room door open, if it were closed, she wouldn't be here being inquisitive.

"Nothing? You never try to wear lipstick, it's definitely a new guy."

"Shut up, Phoebe. It was just a dare. "

"So you're not planning on seeing any guy today? " she asks.

I shake my head because I don't want to tell her the truth and give her the wrong impression.

"Liar. It's Kyle isn't it? You're going to see him."

I roll my eyes, " Phoebe, have you been reading my text messages?"

"Not at all, " she says, dragging the world all.

"Then how did you know? Really, you have to stop invading my privacy."

"I didn't invade your privacy, I know because you just admitted it."

Oh, Good job, Paige. Good job.

"Let's not keep dad waiting for lunch, " I say leaving the room.

"Someone's got a new crush, " she says.

"What? "

"Nothing, " she says, raising her eyebrows just like Brenda.

"Phoebe, I don't have a crush on Kyle okay? I know you think he's a good guy and we'd make a good couple but I don't like him. You have to stop imagining things, I know you want that to happen and sometimes when you want something so much, you begin to see it in places it doesn't even exist ! I don't like Kyle okay! "

After I finish talking, I wait for her to rebut but she's just smiling.

"Relax, dear sister. Why so guilty? I never said you were the one who had a crush did I? "

I want to kill her, of course she implied that.

"I know that's what you were referring to," I snap at her.

"No you don't. You're not a mind reader. Anyway, let's not keep dad waiting," she says calmly.

I hate the way she sounds calm.

When we get to the dining, I hug dad and Phoebe does same. He's been back for three days now and so far everything is fine with him.

"Wish mum and Aunt Hilda were home right now, so we'd be complete," Phoebe says when we start eating.

Mum still works as a nanny for the Wilson's , i am pleased with the way my family is handling the current situation. It's not that we are no longer upset that mum kept this a secret from us, we still are but we are handling the situation as mature as we can.

"Your Aunt Hilda just went to see an old friend, worry not, we'd be complete for dinner tonight. "

As we continue eating, Phoebe doesn't stop talking about how much we have missed dad.