48

Kyle

The world spins. Why? Why did this have to happen?

"I can't believe this, " Brenda says. "You're even worse than Brian, " she continues, before leaving.

I clutch my head, father is still speaking, no no no no.

"Why did they seem so upset about our marriage? " Anastasia asks, furiously slicing her steak.

I can't speak. I can't move. I do not know what to do. I do not know how to fix this mess.

"Kyle, Kyle go after her, " Mabel calls.

I shake my head. I can't.

"Please tell your guests that it's rude to.. "

I don't know who's speaking, my head is spinning.

"Kyle, go after her. "

I stand and then I run. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to explain this to her but I have to. I can't have her hate me. My heart can not take it.

I bump into Nannie Maggie.

"Your highness, what's wrong? Why are you here? Your father would be dead furious?"

My body suddenly has a will of it's own. It starts shaking as ever thing inside it breaks down. I hug Nannie Maggie for strength and she hugs me back tighter.

"Prince Kyle, whatever happened? Is this, is this about your guests? "

"It's Paige, okay? I I can't take this. I I Idon't know what to do. I, I love her. And she she just found out about Anastasia and Nannie Maggie, I don't want her to hate me. I don't know how to make her make her understand." My voice is shaking as I speak. When did I even become a stammerer?

"Oh Prince Kyle. Why did you not explain things about Anastasia first to her? She'd think you lied to her all along. "

I sniffle. "That's it. It seems like I did exactly the same thing her ex did to her but I didn't. It's just really really complicated. I don't know what to do Nanny Maggie. I did not tell her because, I love her, I really love her and I was scared that telling her would make her stay away from me."

Nannie Maggie tries to pull away from the hug to look at me while talking, I don't let her because I don't want her to see the tears in my eyes. But she does and then she wipes them.

She starts telling me that even though it's hard, I have to explain things to her, that it was very wrong of me to not inform her at first.

I had this all in my head, the solution. I would not talk to her or Brenda about it. And when they'd leave, I would talk to my parents and cancel everything and I'd be free again. I thought I didn't have to tell them because I already had the solution to the issue in my head. How could I have been so dumb?

"The Queen is here, " Nanny Maggie whispers before bowing.

I turn around, "Mother."

She's here to scold me for leaving the dining table rudely.

"Kyle, what's wrong? "

I don't know what softens my heart, the fact that she called me just Kyle or the fact that she's concerned.

"I can't do this. I can't keep living for you guys. I have to go after Paige. I, I love her. "

She puts her petite hands over her mouth and her eyes get misty. Then she nods.

Is she, is she agreeing to this? I don't even want to give her a chance to change her mind, I run again, my heart pounding against my chest.

I arrive at the guest room they're and then I knock gently. "Please, just let me explain. "