47

Paige

"I can't believe I'm here for one more day, " I tell Kyle as he buttons his suit.

"I'm just glad you're. " He turns on the radio walks towards me and says, "May I have this dance? "

I laugh. "No. You're crazy, no. Your parents are waiting for you. Everyone is waiting for you! "

"I only have a day left with you, first thing tomorrow you leave. Everyone can wait. "

I smile and take my hands in mine and we are dancing and my heart is beating drastically. Two nights ago when we lay under the moonlight, I was so scared of the urge I had to kiss him. I am still scared because right now as his arms are on my waist and the way his eyes are piercing me, the need of kissing him arises again. There is another thing I fear other than the need to kiss him. What I fear even more is how hard this thing inside my chest beats around him. I am still finding it difficult to understand, i am still recovering from Brian. Why is all this happening? Stupid heart!

He spins me and I fall backwards in his arms. He's smiling now, in that way that makes him look like a baby. I do not want to leave tomorrow anymore. I want to see Kyle smile everyday.

"What are you thinking of? " He asks.

The music is still playing but he's no more dancing. His hands are firmly on my waist, our noses touching because of the heels I'm putting on.

I shake my head. "Nothing. What are you thinking of? "

His eyes fall on my lips. Why is he doing this to me?

"I'd tell you but I'd receive a slap from you. "

I freeze, is he thinking of what I'm thinking that he's thinking about?

I laugh or do something similar to laugh. "I won't hit you, tell me."

Fear fills up his eyes. "What are you scared of, Kyle?" it's taking all the strength in me not to look away from his brown eyes.

"Alot," comes his reply.

"Tell me. "

His gaze falls on my lips again. "I want to kiss
you. "

My eyes widen and I'm quite sure he hears the saliva going down my throat. He plays with my hair. "I want to kiss you so bad."

My mouth opens, I don't know what I'm going to say but I have to say something. "Please do, " those are the words that leaves my mouth.

He smiles and his lights up. "Are you sure, Paige? "

Uh! Just shut up and kiss me already.

"Totally. "

When his lips come in contact with mine, I feel electric waves moving through me. And when our tongues meet, I swear I'm almost flying. When he smiles against my lips, my heart explodes. I run my hands through his hair as his grip on my waist gets tighter. I feel all bubbly inside me and the butterflies are not just in my stomach, they're everywhere. He deepens the kiss and I don't think I ever want it to end. I'm being kissed by a prince, in a palace! He nibbles gently on my lower lips and I gasp. "I like you, " I say gently against his lips.

He pauses and tries to control the rate of his breath. "Huh? "

I smile and look away. This is was easier in my head. He tilts my face towards his. "Did I just hear you say you like me? "

I nod. "I feel, I feel something for you. I know it's crazy with everything that happened with Brian and how it's all soon but I feel something for you. I didn't want to, I tried to deny it, I tried to fight it but I can't. You should see what seeing you happy does to me. I really do feel something.."