18

Brian

I'm the luckiest guy alive. I can't believe, I can't believe she decided to give me another try after all I've done, after how much I've hurt her. I would be a fool to mess things up again. I love Paige, I love her so much and I'm hoping with all my heart that nothing goes wrong.

I just finished preparing a meal for us. I smile as I think of how Paige would smile when I tell her I made the meal myself. Today will be the start of something new, today will be the rebirth of our relationship because honestly, when I think of settling down, the image that comes to mind is Paige.

I know I have screwed up alot with other  girls but still, Paige is the only one I truly love and I know she loves me too. Those other girls, they don't care about me, they are just seeking pleasure or money from me and I'm aware. Nobody loves me the way Paige does, no one is down for me the way she is, I've never seen someone as tolerating as she is. I have a rare jewel in my hands, I don't want to make the mistake of losing it because of the consequences of my action.I also don't want to hurt her anymore.

Today, when she told me she was with Kyle, I got scared. I got scared and I realized that I didn't want to lose her to him or anyone.

"Brian, are you having a party of some kind, why are you decorating the dining and what are these candles for?" Mum asks as she's about to leave.

I stare at her lost for words. I don't even realize that I'm smiling till she asks, "Why are you smiling so hard? It's about that girl right? What's her name again?
Paige? "

"Yeah mom. I've not been a very good boyfriend lately and I want to make things up to her. I really like her. "

Mum smiles.

"That's so sweet Brian. I wish I could get to meet her again. "

"Well you can, she'll be here soon enough. If you return early, you might get to see her."

"Alright Brian, I'll try to be home before your dad. I really want to get to know my son's happiness better. "

I smile.

"Love you mom," I say hugging her goodbye.

When she leaves, I change my clothes. I am putting on the exact clothes I wore on the day Paige agreed to be mine. I don't think I'll ever forget the smile that painted her face and how her eyes averted shyly away from mine as she agreed to be mine.

As the memory plays in my mind, warmth feels my heart. Today I'm going to remind her of that day and I'm going to ask her to be mine again. I'm going to plead that we forget the past and start over.

"Brian, there's a lady waiting for you in the sitting room, " one of the nannies says as she knocks on my door.

Paige, my heart is filled with warmth again.

"I'll be right there and tell the others we need some privacy, " I say.

I take one glance at the mirror, shuffling my hair. I'm trying to make it look better but I think I just worsened it.

Oh well, I should hurry. I don't want to keep my girlfriend waiting.

As I start walking down the stairs, I wonder why she didn't just come straight to my room. That's what Paige would do, she wouldn't ask people to tell me she was around, she would show up herself.

"Hey Beau, " she says to me when I arrive in the living room.

Just one problem, she's not Paige.

"Daphne? What are you doing here? I thought I mentioned I wasn't interested in having anything with you anymore? "

She really has to leave. This Is my fault, the first day we talked I gave her my address and I told the security guard that if anyone named Daphne visited, he should let her in without questioning. But that was before I came to my senses and cancelled everything with her. I forgot to tell the guards that I changed my mind.