Chapter 10- Party Tattoos (part 2)

Ethan's POV

Tyler still seemed agitated as he got ready, but calmed down when I whispered sweet nothings into his ears.

My mummy said to always wear a coat

But it's warm and it's heavy and we're trying to float

It's still shocking that he has cancer. I can't help but let my mind travel when I tie my shoes

What if he dies? I'll be crushed. He's my everything. I'd probably be dead without him. This only made me realize how much he has done for me. It just made me more determined to love him while I can. If he dies, that is.

Don't forget, she'll be right when it's 3 am

So shiver, but shiver with a friend

I apparently zoned out, because Tyler was tapping my shoulder.

"You ever gonna finish tying your shoe?" he asked, rhetorically.

I shot him a glare, but failed to keep it up as he started laughing hysterically. I couldn't help but crack up myself, and soon enough we were both cured in balls on the floor like idiots, laughing our asses off.

We're not bruised, they're just party tattoos

And that colorful mess, is just colorful regret

Black lipstick will never be a sin

We only composed ourselves after several moments of non-stop laughter.

We got up off of the floor, and I finally tied my shoes.

We rushed downstairs and out the door at about 7:30, and by that time, it was dark outside.

We'll regret it when we're old with wrinkled up skin

We drove around until we found a club that looked fun, and parked. We walked up to the door and walked inside. It was loud and crowded, and I struggled to breathe. It was so humid, and it reeked of cheap perfume and alcohol. The pungent odor automatically made my eyebrows furrow and my nose scrunch up.

We found a table and Tyler left to get us some drinks. When he returned, several minutes later, he was carrying a few shots and two beers.

We're not bruised, they're just party tattoos

And that colorful mess, that's just colorful regret

Black lipstick will never be a sin

He set them down on the high table and sat down in the seat across from me. We cheered to each other, and our families and friends. We chugged the shots down, and soon downed our beers.

We'll regret it when we're old with wrinkled up skin

"Would you like to dance Ty?" I asked, my words slurred together to the point that it took him a moment to figure out what I said.

He only said, "Sure," when he realized what I had asked him.

We got onto the dance floor and danced the night away.

We'll regret it when we're old with wrinkled up skin

By the time we left, we had sobered up enough to drive, and I fell asleep on top of Tyler on the way home.

I conked out before this happened, but Tyler actually took off my shirt, shoes and jeans and put both me, and himself to sleep that night. We dreamt the night away in each others' embraces.

The morning after, however, was hell.

Regret it when we're old with wrinkled up skin

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

That was part two of Party Tattoos! I really loved writing this! Please let me know if you like the way I included the lyrics in in the comments, and please, if you want to, criticize me!

I want to learn what I can do to make this story, and my writing in general, better!

Thanks for reading!

K, bye!