XXXIX • Conference at Negan Industries

Negan kicked open the door of the RV with a vicious bang. He descended the steps slowly but deliberately, Lucille thrown casually over his shoulder. Daphne watched him swagger forward, all done up in his leather jacket and blood red scarf. Such a fitting outfit for her favourite superhero.

"Oh, isn't this just a beautiful fuckin' setup," he bellowed, leaning back to emphasize his words. "Did you do this, Simon? Goddamn what a pretty little half moon we got fuckin' goin' on here." He continued moving towards them, appraising each and every Alexandrian with amused hazel eyes. "You should get into interior design, buddy. I'd love a fuckin' setup just like this in my fuckin' living room. A nice curve of traitorous heads for my lady love to pop every fuckin' morning."

He reached the end of the line, where the short Asian guy knelt, and raised an eyebrow, turning on his heel. "We pissing our fuckin' pants yet?" He grinned, and started his slow gait again, this time moving down the line, studying each prisoner as he went. "Oh ho, this one looks like she's gonna start expelling all kinds of nasty shit." He stopped at the pregnant girl, who looked ready to pass out. "You look like absolute fuckin' death. The only proof you're still alive is that you aren't trying to eat my fuckin' face right now. Though you look like you want to, baby." He put his hand to his mouth as if he were letting her in on a secret. "I will tell you I do taste fuckin' delicious!"

Daphne rolled her eyes.

Negan peered down the line of prisoners, and then looked back at the sickly woman, noticing her arms around her midsection. "Oh, shit, I'd bet dollars to chocolate fuckin' doughnuts that you are the pregnant chick I keep hearing so much about." He swung Lucille in a wide arc that made the woman flinch. "Do I ever have a special surprise just for you!"

He motioned over his shoulder at Daphne, who swung her legs down over the side of the RV and hopped to the ground. She adjusted the strap of the crossbow at her back, pulling a stack of photographs from the side pocket of her cargo pants.

"Us girls were really sad that we didn't get invites to the baby shower," she said, voice sweet as honey. "But we brought you a present anyway, because we're nice like that." She held out the first photograph, pointing at one of the smiling faces in it. "This gorgeous mother is Talia, and these are her three kids, Patrick, Belle, and little baby Lily."

The ill woman grimaced.

Daphne enjoyed the discomfort on her face. "This handsome gentleman is their loving husband and father, Primo. He's dead now." She flipped to the next photo. "This is Lily again, with her proud grandmother, Molly." She pointed to Molly's happily laughing face, and the pregnant prisoner turned away.

"Open your fucking eyes!" Regina cried shrilly, and the woman on the ground gasped a frightened sob, complying immediately. The mohawked amazon stepped behind Daphne, watching the exchange with twitching fists.

"Molly, as you know, is also dead," Daphne continued as if she hadn't been interrupted. "Leaving these kids without their father and grandmother. Leaving his wife a widow with three kids by herself. She's back home trying to keep it together so she can take care of a bunch of rape victims we rescued." The blonde cocked her head. "What's your name, preggo?"

"P-please," came the reply, and Daphne slid a handgun from her thigh holster, pointing it at the woman's stomach.

"NO!" The Asian guy leapt forward, scrabbling for purchase in the dirt, but the Saviors behind him were on the ball, on him before he could get too far. "No! Don't, don't!"

"Nope, nope, back in fuckin' line," Negan demanded, ushering him back with Lucille. "I'mma telling you all right fuckin' now, none of you do that shit again. You stay on your knees, in your pretty little fuckin' formation, and you don't. Fucking. Move." He emphasized the last three words with the bat, and a stern look in his eyes. "No fucking exceptions, no get out of jail free card, no fuckin' doctor's notes. I will shut that shit down.