The Plan

J: "I know Felix very well in my personal life. I've known him for a while now, we're pretty good friends, and I know for a fact he's not a nazi, I know for a fact he isn't an antisemitic person..and-again this doesn't excuse what he did..I'm just tryin' to-like for those askin' is he a nazi or not, I'm tryin' to say no, he's not. A hundred percent in his real life, he's not like that. He made some stupid jokes, that backfired on him, and now he's paying the repercussions for that, which I think when you make a joke like that you should be prepared for the consequences..but Felix himself as a person is decent. He is a good guy. There's been times when I've gone to him in my personal life, over things that have got me down or really bothered me, and..at like two am, I've messaged him, and he's messaged back and actually talked me through it, gave me some solid advice...He's a good dude."

Jack spoke about the mistake, still explaining that he was friends with Felix, and that he had already apologized and that everyone should grow from here. Yet, somehow, that video backfired on him.

He was now a TRAITOR, a BACKSTABBING FRIEND, a COWARD, and the media was even calling him a racist for not bashing Pewdiepie down. So, after that, he was done trying to be nice and make good points. He tried to say it was childish to see it as youtubers verses the media but you know what? That's exactly what it's become.

J: "Do you think if we got together actually, that the media would start writin' about that and not writin' about the whole racist thing? I think that'd be a good change of pace for a while. Actually no, because then they'd probably misrepresent that and then probably make us out to be some kinda homicidal maniacs or somethin'...yeah that's probably a bad choice."

This was said in his 'Who's Your Youtuber Boyfriend' video, after the quiz revealed Pewdiepie as his perfect match. Sure, it was meant to come across as a joke, but apart of him actually did think about this seriously. Jack was a curious guy, which often lead him to create these scenarios in his head, and wonder what the outcome would be like.
Now, it was war. The media bashed him last time, and he now understood just how bad the media was. They'd twist any story up, and turn it into something negative, so why bother trying to understand their side too?

The comment was snarky, and said with every intent to rile the media up. However, it also riled Felix up.

F: "Look, they can get popular off of youtubers. What they can't get popular off of is harassing two lovers. Think about it. If they make a story out of our relationship, it'll be boring and won't draw in much attention, and if they try to talk bad about us, they'll get backlash from the lgbt community. We'd only have to pretend until the media dies down, then we can stage a breakup and it'll be over with."

Jack felt strange listening to this over the phone. However, he did have some good points. It would keep them off the radar, and the media would be forced to move onto the next big thing.

J: "Well..ok, but, how're we gonna do this? You're not thinkin' about making a video about it right?"

Felix chuckles at that.

F: "No, that's too obvious! See, if we flaunt it and make a big deal out of it, the media will use that against us. It'll seem like it's set up. We want this to be figured out on its own. We'll do the normal stuff couples do, go on dates, hang out more, hold hands and shit, then once a fan just happens to see us, they'll most likely snap a picture and the rumors will start."

Wow, he's put a lot of thought into this.

F: "Then we'll make a video about our relationship together."

J: "I see..you've really thought this through."

There's silence as Jack bites his bottom lip.

F: "It's up to you Jack. I just thought, since we're both single, and live close to each other, that it'd be worth trying to get the media off our backs. If you don't wanna do this, then its totally ok."

Jack takes a moment, processing everything.

J: "Eh, what the hell, let's do it."

Felix grins, relieved to hear that.

F: "Great. So tomorrow, wanna go get dinner?"

Jack grins awkwardly. It's strange, having your straight friend ask you out to dinner.

J: "S-sure, what time?"

F: "Uh..six good with you?"

J: "Yeah, I'll be ready."