Break Ups Suck

There's rumors, of Jack and Felix's 'break up' in which Felix has tried his best to ignore. His fans were persistent though, demanding answers from him. Seems Jack was the only one who released information on their break up.

It shouldn't hurt.

It was just pretend right? From the very beginning this was all pretend. They were never together, so they've never split up.

And yet it stings so bad, every single time Felix sees Jacks fans, his channel, their videos together...

Why? Why'd it have to happen this way? Ah..because Felix took it too far. That's why.

So what? Should he apologize anyway? Just to try and clear things up?

Would that even work?
Felix leans back onto his sofa, running a hand through his hair. Life suddenly felt so meaningless...it was so quiet.

No. He should respect Jacks decision and let it go. Maybe if he just pretends everything's fine, eventually Jack will let it go and they can go back to being friends.

And if not...

His blue eyes shoot open. He didn't want to think about them not even being friends anymore. Somehow that seemed to hurt the most.

-time lapse-

It's been two weeks, but it feels like months have gone by. Felix doesn't feel like himself. He hasn't even uploaded any videos, and rumors of his 'death' or 'disappearance' is floating around the Internet.

Jack has certainly noticed. He was so upset, but at the same time, worried about him. It wasn't like Felix to do this.
So he calls PJ, someone Felix considers a good friend.

Jack: "Could you just check up on him? It's just not like him."

PJ: "This wouldn't have to do with the breakup?.."

That's right. PJ thought that was all real.

Jack: "I dunno..."

PJ: "I know Felix didn't break up with you. So why'd you do it?"

Jack: "I..I just felt like he was using me."

PJ: "To get away from the reporters?"

Jack: "Well...something like that."

PJ: "Felix isn't that kind of guy. Trust me."

Jack is quiet, his face feeling warm.
What if he was right? What if Felix really didn't mean it like that. Maybe he did actually like him. Maybe...they could've actually dated.

Felix isn't gay though...

Jack: "I dunno. I don't think he was actually in love with me."

PJ: "Tell you what, I'll go over there, but you have to come too."

Jack: "What?! No way-"

PJ: "You can stay in the car. I just want you on the phone when I talk to him, so you can listen in. I'm telling you, I know Felix. He's a good man. He'd never do that to you."

Jack swallows, but finally agrees, and PJ picks him up and they drive to Felix's place.

PJ goes inside, putting his phone in his pocket, while still on a call with Jack. Jack could hear everything, and now was the perfect time to see what Felix says about everything. He'll most likely just say they broke up on mutual terms or something, which Jack was completely fine with.

PJ: "Felix, it's me." PJ says loudly, knocking on the door. Nobody answers, so PJ gently twists the knob. It opens. His door isn't locked. As he enters the house he can see its empty. It's almost as if nobody has been living here. There's very few dishes, like he hasn't been eating much, and no lights are on.

PJ: "Felix?"

He asks, closing the door behind him. It takes him a few minutes to find him, but finally, in his bedroom, he finds Felix laying in the dark.

PJ: "Hey buddy...you okay?"

Felix rolls over, sitting up slightly.

Felix: "What're you doing here?"
His voice sounds sore...and when he turns the lamp on beside his bed, it's obvious he's not been sleeping. His eyes were also puffy and red.

PJ: "I just wanted to check up on you..I heard what happened."

PJ sits on the bed, trying to sound as calm as possible.

Felix: "It's fine. None of it was real."

PJs eyes widen.
PJ: "What?"

Felix: "We pretended to date to get the reporters off our backs. It was all fake from the git-go."

PJ takes a moment to accept this new information.

PJ: "If it wasn't real...why're you so depressed?"

Felix smiles a bit, his eyes watering up.

Felix: "Because I really did fall in love. Damnit. I had to go and fuck it up, but I...PJ I really did love him!"

PJs brows squint in pain, seeing someone usually so happy like this was heartbreaking.

Felix: "What is wrong with me?! Am I an idiot or what?.." he calms down, sniffling a bit.

Felix: "So now you know. The truth. Now what?"

PJ: "Felix...did you tell Jack?.."

Felix looks away slightly.

PJ: "You..don't even know do you?"

Felix: "Know what?"

PJ smiles, and stands up, speaking out loud.

PJ: "There's your answer."

Felix: "Huh?"

Felix was so confused, his tears had completely stopped, leaving trails of water on his face.

Jack: "Felix..."

Felix's eyes widen, and he looks to the doorway, seeing Jack with his phone in his hand.

PJ: "Told you. Now make up you two." He says sweetly, setting a gentle hand on Jacks shoulder before leaving the house.

Jack: "You really did love me?"

Felix can't speak, he's still in shock. Was he...tricked?

Jack: "I thought you weren't gay, and that you were using me to experiment on, but you did those things because you really felt something for me?"

Felix finally nods, and Jack walks over and leans on the bed, hugging Felix tightly.

Jack: "I don't wanna break up...I don't want this all to be pretend anymore. Can we..really date? For real?"

Felix: "Please...without you life sucks."

Jack laughs a bit, pulling away, and looking into his eyes.

Jack: "You're telling me!"

Felix laughs in return.

Felix: "I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry...Sean."

Jack shivers at the sound of Felix says his real name. It was so rare for him to say that.

Jack: "It's ok. I was the one confused. I wanted it too...I just wanted it to be real."

Felix smiles a bit: "It was..for me."

Jack smiles back: "Felix.."

He curls up to his side, hugging him warmly. This was the start of their relationship. A real one. No more lies or pretending. They could finally be real.

And Felix has never felt happier.