Pancakes

The dates continued, every evening, and somehow Jack never paid for anything.
Felix would insist, or, he'd lose one of his 'dares' on purpose. It seems that way anyway...

F: 'Where to today?'

Jack looks down at the text message on his phone. Dinner was great and all, but, maybe it's time for a change?

J: 'Breakfast?'

Felix replies with, 'Yeah, sounds good. I'm on my way.'

Jack smiles a bit, and it's not long before Felix is stepping through his door.

F: "It's kinda chilly out today."
Jack studies Felix's appearance for a moment. He's wearing a hoodie, and some black jeans, nothing special, but he does look different somehow. Maybe he's been a bit 'under the weather' so to speak. Is Felix the type to hide that he's feeling ill?

J: "Ah, that means I can wear a hat!"

Jack rushes off, searching for his favorite black beanie. Felix chuckles to himself, watching as Jack searches from the back rooms, then to the front, then by his coats, then under the couch...oh boy..

J: "Where the hell did I put it?"
Jack mumbles to himself, rubbing the back of his neck and wondering into the kitchen.
Felix strolls on in, looking around the living room. Hmm..Jack checked under the couch, but what about behind the couch?
He leans against the wall, realizing that the couch is against the wall, which means there's no way that damn hat is behind the couch.

However, just before he pulls away, he catches a glimpse of something just behind the small table next to the couch.

F: "Aha!"
Felix shouts, leaning down, and running his hand and arm behind the table to grab what appears to be the black beanie.

J: "Did you find it?"

Jack says, walking into the living room just as Felix pulls the hat out from behind the table. He's careful as to avoid knocking over the table lamp, and brings the hat to Jack.

J: "That's right, I remember puttin' it on the table last. My bad."

Jack takes it from Felix's hand, and slips it over his hair, which he immediately begins fixing.
F: "Now, Where are we going to eat?"

J: "Uh. How about ihop? I could go for some coffee and pancakes."

F: "Alright, sounds good to me."

The two turn out all the lights, and Jack locks the door before following Felix to his car.

J: "Are you gonna let me pay today?"

Felix starts the car, and gives Jack a smirk.

F: "Nope. I got it."

Jack rolls his eyes, still smiling of course. It feels nice today. Well, everything is nice today. It's chilly out, but Felix has the heat turned on, and it feels so nice. Felix looks nice today. He just seems at peace or something. Hell, even this chill music playing on the radio is nice! This is just gonna be a great day!

F: "So, listen. I was thinking earlier, about pax."

Oh shit..that's coming up soon isn't it?

J: "Oh yeah. I haven't even thought about it much."

F: "Well, if you want, we can always go together."

J: "What do you mean?"

F: "Together, as in, take a plane, get a hotel room together, and kinda just..stay near each other."

J: "Well, if we really wanna sell this whole datin' thing, we should probably make it look as legit as possible..but I'm payin' for the plane tickets!"

Felix laughs.
F: "Okay-okay, I'll get the hotel room then!"

They both share low giggles, and are soon at the restaurant. They stroll inside, and are seated instantly. It's actually not that busy in here for once.

F: "What kind of pancakes are you gonna get?"

J: "I think I want this cupcake one. It's new."
Jack says, placing his finger directly on the menu where the picture is.
F: "That looks good. I was thinking about getting this one."
He responds, also placing his finger on Jacks open menu.

J: "Raspberry and white chocolate. Hm, that's some weird flavors for a pancake."

They order coffee, and after a while, they're pancakes are being placed on the table, beautifully stacked.
Jack licks his lips a bit as he cuts into the pancakes with his fork. Once the food is in his mouth, he smiles, chewing happily, and giving a gleeful 'mmm' just before he swallowed.
It was so sweet, and warm.

F: "That good?"

Jack nods to his friend, seeing Felix hasn't even tried his yet.
Felix grabs his fork, and cuts a piece off of Jacks pancakes. His reaction also involves a smile.

F: "Woah, that's really good."

J: "Can I try yours?"

Felix nods, pushing his pancakes to the center of the table so they could both easily get to it.
Felix's is different, but still very good. The raspberries were slightly tart, but the white chocolate went good with it.

J: "We should come here more."

Felix chuckles, then takes a sip of his coffee.

F: "What else do have planned today?"

J: "Well, I really need to be recordin' more, since pax is comin' up and all."

Felix swallows yet another gulp of coffee.

F: "If you want, we can play a game together, then divide the time, that way it'll add up to two videos."

J: "Really? That'd be great!"

Felix smiles under his cup, feeling just as happy he gets to spend more time with his friend.