The First Fake Date

Jack plops into Felix's car, wearing black skinny jeans, and a blue and green plaid button-up shirt.

J: "So, where're we eatin' at?"

F: "I was thinking Chinese. That ok?"

Jack nods vigorously, grinning from ear to ear.

F: "Chinese it is."

Felix's beard is bushy, which was expected. He didn't really have an actual reason to shave it. He's wearing a black button-up shirt, black pants, and dress shoes. Somehow, he appeared more grown up. He was in a slump right now, so Jack supposed it's not too surprising to see him like this, but...damn..how long as it been since Jacks seen him in person?

F: "How about a dare?"

Jacks thoughts are interrupted by the sudden question.

J: "A dare?"

F: "The place we're going has so much food. Some stuff we probably haven't tried. The food is all placed as a buffet, and the giant table spins, so you get to pick up what you want and put it on your plate. So, the dare is that we have to try every single thing on the table. First one to chicken out, or spit the food out, has to buy dinner next time."

Jack smiles deviously.
J: "I've done the Bean-Boozled Challenge so many times, you're goin' down."

Felix grins in return, parking the car outside the restaurant.

F: "We'll see about that."

The two stroll inside, and directly up to the desk, where Felix states his last name.

F: "Kjellburg."

The seater glances at his book, then steps out from behind the desk.

"Right this way."

Jack takes in the interior design of the place. It's very unique, and the seating is neat. Theirs walls around each table, so people can eat without having to see other tables. This is good for them, seeing as they may be gagging..who knows!

As soon as they're seated, a single waitress comes and orders their drinks.
Once she leaves, Felix's blue eyes are locked onto Jacks.

F: "Ready?"

J: "Ready."

The two immediately start pulling bits of entrees onto their plates. It ranges from sweet and sour chicken bites, to spring rolls, to...eels? Yeah, yeah that's eels.

Jack uses his chopsticks to bring a strand of the eel to his lips. At least it's not octopus.
Felix places his piece onto his tongue, and chews it slowly. Jack follows quickly, chewing with a questionable face.

They both swallow, then share a look, then shrug.

J: "Not that bad."

F: "Yeah, I've had worse."

The main dishes follow within ten minutes. Plenty of time for Felix and Jack to drink their drinks. It's a lot of sushi. It looks great though! They're so professional looking.

They grab and grab, eating every piece with delight. Some are crispy, some have eel sauce on them, and some are in shapes. They even tried one that was pink on the outside edges, and it was shaped as a heart. How neat!

SHIIIIIT. There it is.

J: "I knew it was coming.."

F: "I've had it before, it's not real bad. The texture is just kinda weird."

They both bite into, you guessed it, octopus tentacles. Like Felix said, it's not real bad, but the texture dear god. It's crispy, yet, chewy, and every part of Jacks brain is saying no. He manages to swallow it without gagging, which he feels accomplished about.
Ah, but there, at the end of the table, is sushi with a big-ass dollop of wasabi on the top.

They share a look, and both grab the sushi. This is probably it, the tiebreaker.

They down their pieces, and oh it's way worse than they thought. Not only is that godforsaken wasabi hot as shit but whatever is inside the sushi is spicy too!

They chew violently, swallowing as fast as they could. Then they sit there, staring each other down. Felix is the first to break. He starts drinking his drink, wanting nothing more than to be freed from this hell. Jack starts drinking his drink as well, but it's just not enough, so he reaches over, grabbing any food still on the plates spinning by them. Anything is better than this!

F: "That working?"
Jack nods.
The waitress walks in, looking at their pink faces with surprise, and Felix, who has a mouthful of noodles stringing from Jacks plate.

"Refills?"

Felix chews through and swallows.
F: "Please.."
Felix breathes out, reaching over and taking more food off of Jacks plate and eating it for some sort of relief. The waitress takes the cups away to refill them.

F: "Damn that was hot as fuck..how the hell did you stand it?"

J: "I actually really like spicy food, but a few more seconds and I would've grabbed my drink. You just happened to reach first."

Felix chuckles a bit, still feeling a bit of heat in the back of his throat.

Finally, the waitress comes back, and the two suck down their drinks. They finish up by sampling only the desserts they actually want, and then Felix pays for the meal and leaves a good tip. Then, they're out of there!
They quickly get into the car, both letting out a sigh of relief.

J: "Well, that was actually fun."

F: "It..kinda was huh? So, how about you pick where we go tomorrow?"

Jack smiles.
J: "Ok, I'll let you know in the mornin' because I'm too full to think of anymore food right now."

Felix chuckles, and starts the car. Jack wants to fall asleep the whole ride back, but luckily he manages to stay awake. Once they reach Jacks place, it really hits him, just how tired he is.

J: "Thanks Felix. Goodnight."

Felix chuckles a bit, low, and to himself.

F: "Goodnight Jack, see you tomorrow."