Sick Snuggles

The Swedes knuckles tap vigorously on the door, only stopping when the doorknob starts to twist a bit. He waits, and once the door is open, he's greeted with pale skin and puffy eyes.

J: "Hey Felix."

Oh god he sounds awful..

F: "Well, I came over since you didn't answer your phone..now I know why."

J: "Yeah, m'sorry..I dunno where my phone even is. I started feelin' sick last night, and I've been awake since three this morning with this crap."

F: "Couldn't sleep?"

J: "I couldn't breathe to sleep..."

F: "Did you take anything?"

J: "Hours ago, but it didn't really help.."

F: "I'll go get you something better. Just lay down, and I'll be back."

Jack watches as his friend turns towards his car. He didn't have to get Jack anything. Jack was perfectly fine fighting this stuff off with whatever he had. Still..trying to talk Felix out of something is like trying to wash a dumpster...it's pointless.

Within the hour Felix is back with two bags full of stuff, and Jack is laying upwards on the sofa with his feet out.

F: "Alright, I got you better medicine and some other good stuff."

J: "Like what?" Jack says curiously, slumping into the kitchen.

F: "Ah-ah, medicine first."

Jack makes a face, but opens his mouth as Felix holds a spoonful of purple looking liquid up to his mouth. Once the medicine hits his tongue he twitches. God this shit is strong..
He quickly swallows, motioning for a drink, which Felix quickly makes for him.

F: "Can you eat?"

Jack nods, gulping the last bit of his drink down.

F: "I got stuff to make soup."

J: "That sounds great."

Felix can't help but smile slightly. He's kinda..cute when he's sick.

J: "Need any help?"

F: "I got it. How about you go get on the couch and watch tv? I'll bring everything to you once it's done."

Jack can feel his cheeks heating up a bit, though, it could be his fever breaking..

J: "Thanks Felix."

Jack says sweetly, and then walks into the living room. Felix searches through cabinets, throwing in the appropriate ingredients here and there. Soon the entire house smells good, and Felix steps into the living room with a bowl and drink.
He sets both on the coffee table, which Jack immediately reaches for as Felix walks back into the kitchen. When he returns, he sits down beside Jack, also holding a bowl of soup.

Jack sniffs, then glances over to Felix, who already has a spoonful in his mouth. Well..it doesn't look familiar, but it does smell good.

Jack blows on the spoonful, and sips it into his mouth. It's a burst of savory flavor, and it's warm, which just feels good overall. They eat their bowlfuls, and then leave their bowls on the coffee table.

J: "Mmm.."

F: "Was it ok?"

Jack looks over again, seeing Felix's beautiful blue eyes looking a bit concerned.

J: "That was amazing! I never had it before."

How cute..Jack can't get as loud as normal.

F: "It's something my grandma always made me growing up. She'd make me eat it almost every single day when I got sick."
He gives a soft chuckle.
F: "It did make me feel better though."

Jack smiles.
J: "Thank you Felix."

F: "For what?"

J: "For coming over and taking care of me like this. I don't get sick a lot, so you being here really helps."

F: "You always help me, it's the least I can do."

Jack wants to ask how. He doesn't help Felix at all. Felix pays for everything, Felix wastes gas money on him, hell Felix even just calls him out of the blue to talk. How does he help Felix?

Jack is snapped out of his thoughts as a warm hand touches his forehead.

F: "Good, your fever broke."

Jack can feel his cheeks heating up again. Felix peers into Jacks eyes, seeing he looks..sad? What's going on with him? He should be feeling a little better by now.

F: "You ok?"

Jacks half lidded eyes are heavy. Felix..he's so kind, and so..warm.

J: "Can I..lay on you?.."

Felix doesn't speak at first, but he breaks the silence by getting up, grabbing a throw blanket, wrapping it around Jack, and then pulling Jack to him. They lean back on couch pillows, and Jack instantly feels tired.
His legs are touching Felix's, his chest is against Felix's side, and his head is lying heavily on Felix's shoulder.
This is nice.

It's weird..they're not supposed to do this..but it feels so right.

F: "Get some rest. I'll stay over tonight."

Jack smiles, his breathing soft, and his body warm.