Sunset for Two

J: "I-it happened!"

Felix jolts a bit as Jack practically shoves his phone in Felix's face. He draws back, seeing a video of them from the day before. The video was them trying each other's pancake.

F: "Oh, a fan must've been in there. It's still not enough to prove a relationship though."

J: "Oh.."
Jack says lowly, pulling his phone back to his chest.
J: "Yeah, I guess you're right. Should we, you know..start tryin' to hold hands in public? Then it'd be obvious to the fans that see us."

How cute. His face is a little pink from asking that.

F: "That might be better, at least, while we're in public. Speaking of which, what do you wanna do today?"

Jacks face lights up.

J: "Coffee!"
Felix chuckles, noting that Jack really likes his coffee.
F: "How about we go to the donut shop? Then we can get donuts and coffee."

J: "And then..maybe we can eat and chill at the downtown park?"

That's new.

F: "Yeah, we can do that too."
Jack gives a soft smile, and soon, they're at the park. Felix has the donuts, and Jack has both of the warm cups of coffee.

F: "Where to?"

J: "Lets go on the deck."
Jack says, motioning a cup of coffee towards a pier out on the water. Felix nods, and the two make their way towards the pier. Jack sets the cups of coffee on the deck, and Felix hands Jack his donut.
They open their little bags, revealing the donuts they had chosen.
Felix had picked a vanilla bean cream filled donut, while Jack picked a Boston cream filled donut, with that wonderful chocolate on top of course.

Felix immediately moved his vanilla donut towards Jack, knowing Jack will want to try his food like always, and Jack certainly does. He wastes no time taking a bite, and then allows Felix to get a bite of his Boston cream donut. Somehow, sharing food had become their habit, but neither one of them minded. They actually enjoyed sharing, that way they could explore more flavors.

Once the donuts are devoured, the two watch the sunset, sipping on their coffee.

F: "Do you..like coming to the park?"
Felix finally says, breaking the peaceful silence.
J: "Well..ever since I found this park, I'd come here when somethin' got me down. In Ireland I had the woods, nature trails and such. So this parks been the closest thing to nature. It's my..happy place, so to speak."

Felix's eyes are different when Jack looks over at him. It's like he's staring at the sunset, but his eyes look..pained.

F: "You...get upset a lot?"

J: "I wouldn't say a lot, but I do get sad sometimes..and when it happens, I just wanna escape somewhere."

There's a moment of silence.

F: "When I get depressed, I just kinda lock myself away."

J: "I know. You get quiet, and nobody hears from you."

Felix's blue eyes turn to Jack, a bit surprised, but still pained looking, then he turns back towards the water.

F: "Because I know everything's my fault."

J: "Like what?"

Jack asks, a bit surprised that Felix is actually opening up like this. He was always so secretive, and kept his real emotions hidden away.

F: "I always think the world is like me. I think everything is a joke, and then when it's not funny, I try to pretend like it doesn't bother me. I'm getting older, my channel isn't nearly as alive as it was back then, I barely play games anymore, and it's all because I don't have any motivation to try anymore. I just don't care, but then again, I do care. I want to feel nothing at all, but, the thought of feeling nothing, terrifies me, because I wanna feel happiness. It's so contradictory, and it drains me..."

There's nothing but silence now. Ah..maybe he said too much. Nobody wants to hear a sad sap story.

F: "I'm s-"

His 'sorry' is cut off as he looks at Jack, who's eyes appear watery. Jack has such a painful look on his face, like he just saw somebody kick a puppy. It..hurts...

Their eyes are locked for a moment, but Jack sniffles a bit, gaining his composure back. He then steps just a bit closer, gently sinking a hand down Felix's arm, and grabbing his hand. They both naturally grip each other's hand, and then they return their gaze to the sunset.

J: "It's ok..it'll get better."

Felix hums a bit, somehow, feeling the happiest he's ever been in the past year probably.

F: "Yeah. It already kinda is."