Chapter One

I stood there in the packed lobby of the theater. It was an old theater and they were having problems with the video.

"What's taking so long? I'll probably have to leave soon!" I said as Becca snapped out of her glare she was giving her ex.

"Don't worry it's only about 8:30," she said through gritted teeth.

"You really need to let go of your grudge against him. WAIT DID YOU SAY 8:30!? MOM IS GONNA KILL ME!" I shouted as I ran out calling out a quick by to Becca.

My mother always told me be home before sunset. Since it was late February the sun set pretty early. I ran not knowing the streets then soon I turned the corner and saw a guy pointing a gun at another man. It was a dirty alley and I couldn't make out the men. I heard the man pleading.

"Please,please, just another day I'll get you the money I just need more time!" Cried the man.

"I'm a busy man and don't give extra money," the man with the gun said as he pulled the trigger.

I was frozen in time until he looked over and saw my shocked face. He turned his gun forwards me and I snapped back into time. I ran turning corners as I heard him close on my heels. Thank God I could never wear heels because I'd be dead. I was determined but he knew the alleys better. I turned the corner to a dark alley it was a dead end. I turned seeing his black figure appear. The dim street light barley showed his outline as he raised his gun.

"I'd say I'm sorry but you should've left sooner," he spoke as his finger pulled the trigger.

He ran as I fell back. A burning pain below my ribcage on my right side. Blood poured out and soon two men stood over me. I was frozen once more. It was as if I was watching a movie and it was in first person. I couldn't move or speak.

"Brother, we have limited time," the first spoke.
"You heard her parents she isn't to leave her adopted parents until she's 18. Then she can lead," the second whispered.
What were they talking about? Was I really adopted and what do they mean? The second one sighed as he grabbed my left wrist.
"OK brother now or never," he said.
I looked over and notice his brother turn into a wolf. The the wolf took his claws and sunk them into my wrist as the other brought my wrist to his mouth and bite down. They each let go instantly and ran. Suddenly a burning sensation from each wrist shot up my arms and through my body until my whole body was ingulfed in pain then everything went black.