Chapter Thirteen

It started on like any other day. Got a shower then went to breakfast if I felt like but today something felt off. I felt weird vibes from Tyler as if he was hiding something. It was getting annoying. I was on the balcony when I heard gentle footsteps approach.
"Morning love," he said kissing my cheek. I shot a glare at him. He knew his cover was blown as he let out a little chuckle.
"So I was wondering if you would do me the honors and go on an actual real date with me. Like go to a restaurant and act normal," he said. It was almost convincing thinking that we could be normal.
"Is beating you in a race while running through the woods not good enough? Or do you want to be in human form because it it helps your manhood knowing your finally bigger than me?" I laughed. I heard a small growl from him at the last part. I laughed knowing how offended he could get so I walked over and put my arms around his neck and looked up at him.
"I guess one normal night is doable," I smirked. He smiled and I let go and walked off.
"That's mean. I was getting led on that we were gonna have some fun," he smiled as I turned back to reply.
"You are impatient aren't you?" I asked.
" I won't be after we take the last step of this mating process," he replied. Yeah right I almost forgot about that little step. He started to walk towards me.
"You won't be getting any of this until I see us both having some expensive metal on here," I said pointing to my left ring finger.
"You gotta make life harder don't you? I might just take you up on your offer," he grinned as he pulled me closer. If Caleb hadn't interrupted who knew where we would've ended up.
"Sorry to interrupt but word has it that the rogues are gonna attack tomorrow night during the storm," he stated. He was looking at the floor and trying not to make eye contact. I saw Tyler giving him a glare for interrupting the moment but I playfully slapped his shoulder to get his attention.
"Well brother, organize the pack and get them ready," I replied.
"I can't wait. It'll be my first fight," he almost squealed.
"You aren't fighting. Bottom line. No one fights until they're 16 and last I checked you have another two months. So don't argue. You'll stay here with Tyler and his pack," I commanded. He looked sad but nodded as he walked out.
"Now where were we," Tyler said turning me to face him.
"We were at the point where I leave before my father lectures us," I smiled as I saw his face turn sad.

It was 5:30 and I was finally get ready for my date. Unlike most people I spend little time in getting ready. I searched my closet and found a nice deep purple dress. It was strapless and went right above my knees. Then I dutch braided my hair before applying a little eye liner. I looked at the clock. 5:50. Well I guess it's now or never. I walked while slipping on my boots. I met Tyler at the door. He smiled as we drove to a fancy restaurant. We ate and talked a little bit until he lead me out to a dock.
"I found this view amazing," he stated as he walked up behind me.
"The view is pretty good. The stars reflecting off the water is beautiful," I complimented. He smiled.
"I wasn't talking about the view of the lake or trees. I was talking about you," Tyler whispered in my ear as I smiled.
" Oh and I got something for you," he said excitingly as he let go. I stared at the water until I heard him clear his voice. I felt that he was anxious. I didn't know why until I turned around. There was my alpha mate looking all sweet and sensitive down one one knew with a little black box in his hand. He smiled.
"You're gonna have to ask because I want to hear it," smiling I knew he thought I'd be easier than this.
"Well, I may not have known you very long but what can I say we're just meant to be so will you do me the honors of being my wife and marrying me?" He asked. I felt so many emotions but overall happiness shined through.
"Well, I'm not going to get another mate like you now am I? So of course. Yes I'll marry you," I could sqeul like a little girl but I refrained. Instead I took my fingers and put it into my finger then I kissed my fiance them we went home. As Tyler fell asleep I sat there staring at this ring. It was simple and I liked simple. It was silver with three diamonds the biggest in the middle. I knew this is what I wanted. So we're gave it a lot of thought and decided that since no one wanted to wait that our wedding would be in three weeks. Everyone said it was to short of an engagement but I don't care. Like I said I'll do what I want when I want and how I want. I couldn't wait to be tied to my mate every was humanly and mystical creaturely possible. He would be stuck with me forever. I laughed as I almost felt sorry for him. I crawled under the covers and snuggles up into his arms against his chest. I fell asleep to the beat of his heart. Beating heart. That's one thing I missed. I love listening to the thing that played a big roll in keeping me alive and now it was useless. So useless it didn't work and I don't know if I still had a heart. But since I can still breathe I must still have lungs. Right?