Chapter Eight

I couldn't sleep. I could tell that no one else was awake so I slid out of bed and went for some fresh air. I turned into my wolf for safety precautions. I ran through the woods and soon found a cliff. I stared down over the edge at all the nature below me. I sniffed the air and took it as much nature as possible but I didn't just smell nature.I could smell my dad,brother,and two others that i'd say we're fighters. I knew I couldn't let Tyler get caught up it this. I followed the scent running as fast as I could. It was hard to keep my rage from bursting. I was furious that they came back after I said not to. Was this a queen thing that I felt because orders were disobeyed? I was scared that my rage would burst and that I would kill them but I kept running. I ran out of the woods to see a meadow with short grass but that's not what I was focused on, it was the four large wolves that worried me. I let out a low growl but the didn't care. They walked forward but I wasn't gonna be pushed back. To my surprised they shifted then I followed.
"Do you not know how to take a hint!" I raised my voice.
"A war is coming between vampires and werewolves. You're the only one that can stop them so please just come home. Your kingdom needs you," my dad plead. I knew that I couldn't stop anything. I just simply wasn't strong enough.
"You know as well as me they won't listen to a joke like me," I whispered to contain my anger.
"You're not a joke! You're the most powerful thing in this and you belong at the kingdom!" My dad shouted as his anger was showing.
"No! I don't belong there. I don't belong anywhere but I choose here because this is where my mate is. Besides that according to your pack I'm a joke and not worthy of leading," I nearly cried as I felt the pain of what they said about me.
"Fine,but know that if anything happens that it's on you. Also its funny how your mate happens to be the alpha of the second largest pack," my dad spat before turning u saw him and the others shift as they ran. I couldn't hold back my anger so I shifted. I ran knowing somewhere deep down I wanted to go back and prove myself but I didn't want to fail. Soon the sun was up as I walked back in the pack house. Anger was still present so I walked past everyone that gave me a weird look. I knew my eyes were red and Tyler was walking down the hall smiling to he saw my face. He tried to shop me by grabbing my arm but I quickly pulled it away and kept going. I went in his room and to the mirror. I felt his presents enter the room.
"If there is to be a war then I'll be front lines. I think you're more safe to keep the pack here," I simply said. He walked up and turned me to face him.
"What do you mean? Are you leaving?" He inquired.
"I have to. In order to stop this war I have to do it," I sighed not wanting to leave.
"I understand but please stay safe and come back to me," he said with concern. I smile but deep down I was scared. I walked out and knew it was time to go. Vampire speed today I guess so I ran through the woods. Soon I hit the sandy beach. I went to the castle and entered. I walked into my dad's office but he was unaware of my presents but I could feel his anger.
"I'm back but only to stop this war," I said with as much confidence as u could.
"Good. Your brother is going to teach you fighting skills. If a war does happen you'll need to fight," he said still focused on his paper. I turned but deep down this was wrong. Was he expecting me to choose one side or another because that's not gonna happen. I walked outside to find my brother.

Tyler's POV
It was weird not having her around. I hoped she was safe but my stomach was in a knot Everytime we were told of something new.
"Alpha," beta Derek said.
"What do you need?" I asked.
"Word came in that the first was broke out but everyone is heading to the kingdom because they believe a huge war will start. Cold chills went done my spine and I knew she didn't want us to come but I couldn't leave her in a war.
"Gather the pack we leave at noon," I commanded and Derek nodded before turning and walking out. Soon we were on our way and I was pushing the pack hard. We haven't been in a war in awhile so we were out of shape. Soon we arrive but we were shocked at the bodies and fighting that surrounded the land.

Paige's POV
I was told by my dad to stay in and not go out. I watched from a window in my room. I watched all the pain and death unfold. How was I suppose to end this if I can't even go out. But soon I saw something. No way did my mate actually bring his pack when I said not to!?