Chapter Six

I heard talking but it was faint and it appeared to sound like my mate and someone else.
"She'll be fine but she won't be running the woods anytime soon," the one guy said.
"Thank goodness. She seemed so against her own kind though as if she didn't like wolves. Do you know can she shift? if she was a rogue she hasn't been one long," my mate said with relief.
"I'd say she can shift due to the fact that a few medications I put her on burned quickly but it was weird it was as if her heart wasn't pumping hard enough for me to hear but it could be from the trama. She'll be fine Tyler just keep her comfortable," he said exiting the room. I was trying to open my eyes but I was so weak but hey I know my mates name. I felt him lay next to me and brush some hair away from my face.
"I promise you'll never run alone again. He just laid there and what strength I had I use to push my head onto his arm so he'd know that I agreed. I felt a familiar sensation. I was going to sleep. I guess I can sleep if I try. Must be the wolf in me. I laughed in my head as I finally fell asleep.

My "heart" was racing as I was running through the woods my dad and mom with a few others chasing me. I was running from them. But soon I tripped and felt them come to get me when suddenly I woke up. I threw myself up and out of bed and let out a little scream of relief. Soon I realized it was a dream. I leaned against the wall and dropped to the floor as I cried. I couldn't take this I ran from my family just to find my mate who is suppose to be my family and I wouldn't belong here either. I missed my adopted parents and my friends and even school. Soon I felt arms around me and I could smell it was my mate and all my worry went away. Maybe this was best. I tried to breathe and realised I could if I tried. So I took breathes to calm myself down then I untucked my head from my lap and stopped clutching my legs to my chest. I looked up at Tyler who looked pained to see me cry.
"What's gonna happen to me?" I felt hopeless as I asked him.
"First let's get you home," he said quietly slowly letting go.
I looked away feeling more pain.
"What if home doesn't exist?" I said shakily.
"Then let's find you somewhere to make home," he smiled getting up. He half out his hands. I took them easily. He'd protect me I knew deeps down. When he was least expecting it I engulfed him in a vampire strength hug then loosening after realising he needed to breathe. I went to take a step but once more he decided that walking was to much for me and picked me up. It's ok for now but he'll learn soon that I'm not usually this easy. He set me down in what appeared to be his bedroom.
"Sit tight I'll be back with some lunch and water," he left quickly and I had to ask myself how do you explain that you can't eat or drink or can I? Dad never said that they didn't try. Soon he cracked open the door again. He had turkey and cheese sandwiches with two bottles of water. Our first meal together. I ate a sandwich and drank the water. I felt charged for once so I got up. Tyler looked concerned my I have him a look to day I was fine. I saw a tall and wide mirror. I looks at the scratches and soon felt the headache. I focused hard and soon a bright golden light came out of my scratched until they disapeared. Tyler looked just as surprised and amazed as did. I stared at what I saw. I'm not the same. That's for sure because as a human I was boney and never seemed rested but now my body was toned with muscle. Tyler got up and walked up behind me.
"How'd you do that?" He questioned.
"Honestly I have no clue," I said quietly. I turned to face him.
"So who is going to start the get to know you conversation?" I smiled.
"Well I guess I will," he smiled as he lead me back to his bed where he started.
"Well I'm Tyler and I've been the alpha for a year now. I'm 21 and I had to take over when my dad had back surgery and he can't fight without running the possibility of breaking his back so my mom also stepped down to take care of him. I was raised here and love it here even more now. Now tell me my rogue mate how'd you end up here?" He voice was anxious but I knew he could feel the anxiety that rose in my chest at the question. He had a weird look.
"It's complicated but before I tell you you gotta see something," I said grabbing his hand and dragging him outside. I couldn't believe I may actually show him who I am. Here goes nothing. I knew what I had to do. I had to explain what I was then show him.