Chapter Twenty Five

I walked up next to dad as he watched me.
"Peaceful out here so what are you doing out here sniffing around?" I asked. He whimpered and laid down.
"Hold up a second," he said as he ran behind a tree. He soon came back out with a depressed look on his face. Although he's seen many years he still looks so young.
"Maria and I used to come out here and sit. We didn't get along when we first met and then we I almost lost her. My cousin was always so power hungry. Is name was Jace and he started getting into some stuff. He was into black magic and started becoming well not himself. He tried to kill Maria so he could have the throne. I killed him and Maria and I started to get along. We had Caleb and when he was young she just disappeared one day. I still wonder what I did," he explained with tears in his eyes and his voice shaky a little bit. He tried to cover it up with a fake smile but I shared a weak smile and rubbed his back.
"Everyone has a good reason to do things. Maybe she did it to protect you our something. Jace seems like a horrible person that would do anything for power so I'm glad he's gone," I replied. I saw him take in a deep breath and release it.
"Yeah I guess you're right oh and by the way I'm taking Caleb and Caroline on a business trip. Can you run the kingdom for a week?" He questioned. I smiled a little knowing that he trusted me.
"Of course," I responded wth a smile. I soon went back inside to enjoy the rest of my day.

My dad,brother, and Caroline had just left and I was bored. I had finished paperwork but I had to stay put in case of emergencies. I finally gave up and went to my father's picture room as we call it. It had portraits of all the family members. I saw a picture of Maria and dad with Caleb. Caleb had her green eyes and our fathers black hair. Maria had light blonde hair. In the picture she was staring into my dads chocolate brown eyes as they smiled. I then shifted my gaze to another man with a scar reaching across his face. He was in all black and had medium brown hair. His eyes were so pale blue that they were scary. I could tell this was Jace. I shuttered before walking back to my office. Just then an idea hit me. What if someone brought Jace back to life or he didn't die like dad thought? Maybe he could have taken Maria in order to lure my father out and kill him. For all we know he could be working with the bloody rebels which could be why they took Caleb. I started connecting the dots when the door cracked open. My eyes shot up to seeing a frowning Tyler.
"What's wrong?" He questioned.
"Nothing just uh work. Have you hung out with the new kid?" I inquired trying to change the subject.
"Ok then and yeah. He is really good at sports. He's a good kid and his family doesn't know what they're missing out on. You should take a break and relax," he suggested as he made his way around the desk towards me.
"And why is that?" I asked trying to sound innocent.
"Because I miss you and you're never around anymore," he responded before pressing his lips on mine. After a few minutes I pulled back and stared at him. I smiled while shaking my head before shifting through paperwork.
"I have stuff to accomplish and I'm a princess so I don't really have days to be around all the time," I sighed. I could feel his frustration.
"How are we suppose to work if you're never around? I love you and want to be with you. I also really just want you overall but you're always saying no you have work to do. Do you even love me?" He inquired. By now I was getting mad. At least we lasted this longs without an argument.
"Of course I love you! I love you more than life itself! But you're not my only priority look around. I have a family and pretty much a whole entire world looking up to me! So don't start this conversation!" I warned. He let out a huff.
"Fine! Have it your way!" He growled before slamming the door. I let out a growl and even my wolf was wanting to rip his head off. I'm not he girl he first met and he needs to except that because I'm now the future queen and I will do whatever it takes to protect my kingdom. I started gathering information and found that the bloody rebels have a lot of business with a hidden castle. Turns out the castle is hidden from good werewolves by a forcefield put up by none other than dark magic. I scowled at the thought of Maria being held there all these years. I looked deeper into the file seeing how often when the pack would take people there they would call it a hospital trip. It appears that everyone would come out perfectly fine but they had major mood swings and some started suffering from depression and anxiety. That was what dark magic could cause if their body couldn't handle it. So that's why the bloody rebels haven't decreased in size! They have been getting stronger by using dark magic that is illegal. I can't tell dad though because r can get hurt. I think I'll tell Tyler so he doesn't finally loose everything left that's holding him together. I was searching through even more papers and scrolls from back in my dads day. Something caught my eye though and it was about a castle that was bought by none other than my dads enemy.
"Jace," I whispered.