Chapter Seventeen

My first full day of married life was beginning. I watched as Tyler made himself breakfast. Well he didn't really make his breakfast he just ate cereal drowned in milk but he says he made it. We hung out and did a few things. I was amazed at how boring a honeymoon could be even when it was with someone that you loved.
"You're just as bored as I am aren't you?" Tyler asked. We were currently sitting on our couch. He was laid back flipping through TV channels and I was sitting on the couch very weirdly. I was upside down like a kid. My hair was resting on the floor and from my knee down were draped over the back of the couch.
"How could you tell?" I questioned sarcastically. He laughed before poking my in my side making me flop to the ground to get away from him.
"Oh no reason," he sighed. He then laughed. I decided to finally sit like a civilized creature. I knew I had to ask some questions about the future.
"So uh were going to be royalty and have royal jobs," I started.
"You're going to be the Queen. From the rules I've seen you'll have all the power and jobs I'll just help. I'm not really into the king thing but i'll help you," he explained.
"Oh gee thanks. I'll be fine though don't worry but we'll have less together," I continued. Tyler sighed and made little groaning sounds at that. I hit his arm and walked off so he could enjoy television. I walked out onto my balcony. I sighed and watched as the sun slowly made its way down towards the horizon. I sighed. I could never get enough of this view. I'd have forever to ponder this view but everyday was different. I watched the sun finally sink below the horizon.
Two weeks later
My honeymoon had finally came to an end. No one would admit it but we were happy to finally be busy again. My parents had laid off the Queen thing but I was positive that I was ready. I had been studying everything. I decided to call a meeting between my parents. They were worried when they walked into my office.
"What's up hun?" My dad asked. My mom stood near him with an equally scared expression. I almost wanted to laugh.
"Well I'm married and I've been thinking. I am positive that I am ready," I stated. They looked at each other confided before looking back at me.
"Ready for what?" My mother inquired. I let out a sigh and hit my head to my desk. I didn't feel pain so I was fine but the flinch at the sound.
"Ready to finally step up to the throne and take over. Duh," I remarked. The both let out a long exhale.
"That's great sweetheart. Well get a plan together but you should spend your last little moments of freedom doing something. Maybe visit your friends? Here soon you'll never be able to go back because you know. You'll look the same and they'll be going grey," my dad informed. A knot formed in my stomach. I couldn't bring words so I nodded and dismissed my parents. Could I really let everyone go. It seemed so much like a fairytale. How could it be that one day I got work that they were dying and I would still be here? Frozen in time for the rest of eternity. I sighed and went to the painting room. I looked through the paintings. They created a timeline. On one wall was my dad as a young prince and the other was my mom as a young princess. Then they got older. The was kind of them with me as a baby. The line then went to them taking over and now the was a picture of me as a princess. I knew this would be hard and I groaned. I was the most powerful creature to ever roam earth but yet I felt so weak and demolished. I knew I couldn't go back home because I wouldn't come back so I did the next best thing. I called my best friend but heck she may think I'm dead. I dialed the number and hit call. She picked up.
"Hello?" Becca greeted in a confused voice.
"Hey girly," I replied trying not to sound sad.
"Oh my gosh! Paige, I thought you were dead! What happened to you?" She asked.
I felt tears prick my eyes.
"Look I'm fine Ok? I'm back home with my real parents. Their great really and uh my siblings. They're both half siblings. I called to say goodbye," I stated letting a year make its way down my face.
"What! You're only sixteen why? What's going on?" She asked.
I got shot when I left the theater. I had to change a bit to survive and I can't go back. Her in a few days all chains linking to my old life will have to break and I can't go back. I'm so sorry but think I'm fine. Hell I have a guy now and such. I love you and I'll always remember you," I said trying to keep my voice strong.
"Ok. That's awesome and I'll miss you. I won't forget you because you're like my sister. I love you too and if this is the last time I ever talk to you then I want you to know that I'm happy for you," she explained.
"Thanks. Bye," I simply stated.
"Goodbye," she cried one last time.
I let out a sigh as I placed my phone back on the desk. I looked over and saw my crown. I picked it up and studied.
"Well I guess this is who I am because I don't really think I have another choice," I half laughed and half cried. I ran my fingers over the metal before placing it back in its spot.