Chapter Twenty Four

The meeting was mainly going over treaty and trading terms. I tried not to look bored but I could tell how bored the kids were. The boy looked about 17 and the girl looked about 15. I tried to stay focused. Re father turned to the boy for an anwser.
"Son?" He asked. The kid took his gaze off the floor and to his dad. His eyes held fear.
"Yes father?" He replied in a questioning term.
"Why do think about it?" He inquired. The kid looked around. The dad grew impatient.
"Jeez child listen. Since you haven't been acting like an alpha the king here was thinking that he could take you in and teach you a thing or two. You can hang out with his son or daughter," the alpha shared. I shot my dad a look. That's why he wanted me here. I guess he wanted the kid to see how hard I was trying. The kid nodded.
"Of course I would love to. How long exactly?" He kid questioned.
"Until your twentieth birthday. After that you'll come home and wait for your mate. So Gabriel I presume you'll do good. We have to take off," he stated standing up. Everyone stood except Gabriel. The alpha took his Luna's hand and glanced at their daughter who was giving her brother a sympathetic look.
"Come on Tracy. You can't save your brother," he sighed walking out. The beta followed them and my let out a sigh after they were gone.
"Well aren't they just the best," I spat nor even realizing I said it out loud.
"Paige!" My father scolded.
"Oops. I forgot to say that in my head," I responded turning to walk out.
"Aren't you going to show around this young fellow?" He asked with his eyebrow raised. I decided to play stupid and act like his message didn't come across earlier.
"He's here to learn from you now isn't he? I'm just the princess who knows next to nothing," I smirked walking on. I heard a growl from my dad but kept walking. I groaned when I entered my room and jumped on top of a sleeping Tyler. He let out a little oof and I laughed.
"Was it that bad that you had to interrupt my glorious dream?" He questioned. I shrugged my shoulders.
"Eh. My dad is trying to teach an alpha's son how to be an alpha. What were you dreaming about?" I asked. I saw his smirk and regretted asking.
" I was dreaming about how fun it would be to walking up to my mate and slowly take off her clothes then," he started.
"I don't need to know the rest," I stated quickly rolling off of him.
"Want me to show you instead?" He inquired with a cocky grin. Oh he was definitely paying for this. I crawled into the bed and started to kiss him. He let out a little moan of excitement and I knew my work was done. I quickly jumped off and headed for the door.
"Nope I have better things to do today," I shouted walking out. I was containing my laughter as I walked.
"That was not nice!" He yelled and I lost my straight face. I walked to my Dad's castle to see how everyone was doing. I couldn't find my dad but I did find Caleb and Caroline. Downside is that I heard them and now I'm thanking myself for good hearing. I walked past their room trying not to throw up. At least I won't have to deal with another heat episode with Caroline. I soon smelt the new kid in his room. I guess I shouldn't call him a kid because he is older than I am. I was almost to his door when it opened and he popped out. He jumped when he noticed me right there. I smiled slightly and continued walking.
"Hey wait up," he called as he jogged up to me. I shot him a questioning look.
"So your the princess? Is it true about your mom being a vampire?" He asked with excitement in his dark blue eyes.
" Yes I'm the princess and yes my mother is queen Victoria of all vampires. And you are?" I inquired.
"I'm Gabriel but my family would always call me Gab or just kid. My father always use to say that he would call me Gabriel when I learned decent responsibility," he laughs nervously while running his hand through his dark dirty blonde hair. He had tan skin and he was obviously not use to being around high powers.
"Well if it makes you feel any better I'm learning how to lead a kingdom though I don't even want," I replied. He looked at me sympathetically and I just let out a huff.
"So my dad says in stuck her until my twentieth birthday. My eighteenth birthday is next week so I'll be here for almost two years. Is it nice here?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
"Well it's either work,being bored, or hanging out with my mate for me since I'm the princess but I'm sure that you'll have free time for school or friends. I don't go to school anymore and believe me I would rather it than this," I sighed walking. He nodded his head.
"So does your brother have a mate? Is he fun to be around?" He questioned.
"Yeah Caleb has a mate. Her name is Caroline and while roaming the kingdom to find my father they were completing their process so don't go downstairs in the east wing. He is a great brother even though we are half siblings. He can make you laugh and I'm sure if you ever want to be active he'll do something with you," I explained.
"Thank you for being kind. I'll see you around," he stated as he walked off. I continued my search for my father and went outside. I saw his large black wolf with chocolate eyes sniffing the air.