Chapter Twenty Two

I felt a surge of relief when my paws hit the bridge. I could feel Caleb's excitement to be home. I rushed into my dads kingdom and the door slammed against the wall when I ran in. My dad flew down they stairs ready to attack until he saw I had Caleb. I lowered myself down and Dad helped pull him off.
"Come and sit down son," my father ordered.
"I really want to go see Caroline first," he replied.
"Hey! No you sit down and relax and I will go get Caroline," I snapped. He held his hands up in surrender before plopping down on the couch. I walked to the room that Caleb and Caroline shared. She was on the bed looking at a picture of them. I creeped in the room and stood behind her.
"You two look so cute," I blurted out. She let out a little yelp and jumped.
"Jeesh! You scared the hell out of me what are you doing here?" She asked.
"Sorry and uh you know. I just came back. Not like Caleb is sitting on the couch downstairs talking to Dad," I responded. Her eyes lit up before running past me and out the doorway. I heard her squeal all the way until she found Caleb. She cried and he held her whispering "it's okay" and "shhh" but she kept crying. Soon she let go of him so he could go freshen up.
"So are you going to tell me how you got your brother back?" My Dad asked with his eyebrow raised. His eyes burned into mine and I smirked. I knew he wasn't really asking a question.
"Yeah uh they're alpha is still alive but the beta and a few other higher ranks are dead. I went through their force field barrier thing. I killed the guards and got Caleb then I ran out and left. He was pretty bad off but we stopped and fixed him up," I replied very shortly leaving out the bloody details. My dad nodded in approval and Caleb came down. He now has on just shorts and he shaved. His hair was wet and flattened out so it payed right above his eyebrows. I smiled at him and suddenly frowned.
"Ah shit," I whispered. All heads snapped to me and I grew frustrated.
"I kinda forgot that I'm married," I answered their unasked questions. They all shared a glance.
"Well you have fun with that," my dad said before walking off. Caleb quickly picked up Caroline and started down the hallway while she giggled.
"Don't hurt yourself!" I shouted. I heard more laughter and realized I'm starting to sound like a mom. I rolled my eyes before heading out.
"Here goes nothing," I sighed under my breathe walking towards my castle. I made my way to our room and looked out. I saw Tyler on the balcony and he looked like crap. His hair was all over the place and he had a lot of stubble. I could smell I'm from here and he wasn't very pleasant. His blue t shirt had stains and his jeans had dirt on them.
"Wow you look like hell," I pointed out. He flew around and soon engulfed me in a hug.
"Thank goodness your home," he whispered.
"As much as I love you and would love to cuddle with you um you kinda stink a lot," I stated. He laughed.
"Right on it boss," he replied playfully. I waited for him to get out of the shower so we could talk. So I heard the door open and he came out with a towel wrapped around his waist.
"I have to tell you something and your going to be pissed but hear me out," I said looking at him. He froze and looked at me.
"What is it?" He asked.
"When Caroline went into heat uh well I was here. I took care of her. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd either not want me to leave again or you would follow me. I'm sorry," I apologized. He had his jaw clenched and I saw the anger that he held in his face. I bit my lip hoping he wouldn't flip out. He let out a sigh.
"I'm beyond pissed off but I love you and can't stay mad. If it were someone I love then I would have done the same thing even if you told me not to go. I also would've made you stay here even if you wanted to. So I forgive you," he said smiling. I felt relief was over me. Tyler quickly changed before playfully tackling me onto the bed. I let out a yelp since I wasn't expecting him to do that. He started laughing and I smacked his arm playfully with some force. He grabbed is arm where I hit him and acted hurt and this time I laughed.
"What's so funny about you abusing me?" He asked with a smile.
"Oh yeah I'm the abuser. At least I don't tackle my wife onto the bed," I replied trying not to laugh. He laughed before trying to tickle me.
"Don't you even think about it!" I yelled. That just encouraged him. He got in a few seconds of tickling before I decided he was to happy. I quickly grabbed his hands and pushed him back. Being part vampire had its advantages because I was stronger than him but I tried not to show off and crush his ego.