6. The Cashier Has Greens

. . . . . .

. .

. .. . .;

. . .. .

. . . ..

06: the cashier has greens

..

.

. Because Marae.. That's what I am.."

His words kept replaying in my head, even now, while I'm sitting on the couch watching TV.
It has me feeling weird. The way he'd said it..

As if he didn't think he was a monster, he knew it. His voice was so cutthroat that it gave me chills. And then the way he boxed me in... It had me thinking the situation over a lot.

I sigh to myself, getting up and walking to the kitchen.

     He was so close to me that I felt the heat coming from his body; like I was burning under him.

      I'm glad that he moved.

"Mae!!" Terrence ran in the room with his backpack swinging, "I'm ready for training! I'm reeeaady!"

I giggled and picked the car keys off the counter, "You mean Karate."

"Yes Karate!" He's joyful and full of energy, "Can we go? Can we go now?"

"Are you gonna stop bouncing around all crazy?" A laugh leaves me as I watch him jitter about with his hands extended.

He nodded eagerly and pulls me by my hand, "Yeah yeah yeah c'mon Mae Mae let's gooooo!"

Letting him lead me, we went outside and hopped in the car. Terrence buckled himself up happily as I closed the car door.

I was taking him to his martial arts class. Like I do every Saturday. He's actually really good for his age. He'd been working his ass off in those classes, and it showed.