13. Icing On The Cake 🍰

13: icing on the cake

  "Yes and now I've got to go track down some kids and see who taped what," Ms. Greene rolls her eyes, walking away.

He nods, then holds his door open for me to enter. Walking inside, I lift my gaze to the chair I'd be sitting in.

  I hadn't been in his office since after my first week at Willow High. He was too interested, too hyper, and too creepy toward my arrival.

   I'd been avoiding his space ever since.

"Why'd you fight?" He asks, closing his door behind us. He was wearing a long suit, pin stripes accordingly.

"Marae."

I again, ignored him and instead sat down. I didn't want to speak to anyone right now. I was too angry with the fact that Jaylea would even start a fight with me like that.

  Was it over Aaronzé? Or has she just always wanted an issue?

"Marae I can't help you if you don't talk to me," He explained.

I simply shrugged, "I'm fine."

"A lie that every female tells when she's hiding her true emotion. I'd be an idiot to actually believe you were fine."

I slumped in the green chair. His philosophical words were not needed right now. I wanted silence so that I could think.

Mr. Leno came closer, and stood behind the chair, "You know, I'm quite familiar with the drama going on around this school."

That made me raise a brow.

"They don't like you because you choose to be yourself," He says, "They don't know how to do that."