22. Nose Bleed/Sheriff Smith

...

...

.

... . ...

.. .

... .

.

... .

.... ..

...
..

.

... .......

.... .

.

... .

.

  22

22. Nose Bleed/Sheriff Smith

   The next two days I felt as if I was walking on eggshells. I wasn't allowed to drive, and had to come home immediately after school.

   I didn't really mind though, because Aaronzé kept his word and came back to school.

   In fact, he's right next to me as we walks the halls. It was lunch break, and neither one of us felt like eating that cafeteria food. I normally packed a lunch, but lately my thermos full of tea was enough.

    "Did you watch the news this morning?" He asks.

   Oh God. Don't tell me someone else died, or got shot, or both.

    I look at him, giving him the signal to go ahead and spill it. He rubs the back of his neck, "The market burned down."

    "The market burned down?" I repeat his statement as a question, "Was anyone hurt? Do they know what happened?"

    He shrugs, "No one was hurt. The cause wasn't disclosed."

That's weird.. How would it have happened randomly? Or even accidentally? No one's got a tent with lit candles, I didn't see anything that could've legitimately caused a fire.

   Maybe.. It was on purpose?

"Why are you thinking so damn hard?" He boops me, pulling the thoughts away, "Some dumbass probably lit something on fire."

   "Did you just boop me?"

  He flashes me a smile, "Yes. I did. Come here."

  His hands grab me up, pulling me into his arms, clothing to clothing. I look at him, returning the smile.

   When did we.. Become this? I feel like I just met him even though it's been months.