21 . Leave again

..
.

... .

.

... ... .

.... .

.

...

. .... .

...
.

21

21. leave again

"No dilation..." The flashlight moves from one eyes to the next, "Pupils look great.. You're not bleeding anywhere.."

They insisted they call my family, so I let them. Whatever they needed to do.

"Blood pressure is elevated," The woman takes the wrap off of my arm, "128 over 76. More than likely from the stress."

Aaronzé stood there with me the entire time, walking off every now and then to make a phone call.

A tow truck came to move the car, not before I had Aaronzé remove the box. I still needed it.

Once I told them I saw a wolf, they made a call. Sheriff Smith showed up not even ten minutes later with a whole bunch of questions that the paramedics wouldn't let him ask until they were done full examining me.

Turns out I didn't get hurt at all, somehow. Not even a single bit of blood. No concussion either.

Maybe I just hit my head hard enough to pass out, but not enough to really damage anything.

"She's all yours Sheriff."

He walks over, his police lights were still on, the siren silent. He looked scruffier than the last time I'd seen him.

But then again, that was a few months ago. "No hospital needed?" He asks.

The medic shakes his head and begins gathering his things together, "Nope, she's good to go."

"Well alright."

I peer over at Aaronzé, he's a small distance away, looking at me carefully. I give him a look that says, 'I'm okay'.

He nods and steps closer to his car.

"Medic says you hit.. A wolf?" Sheriff Smith pulls his notepad and pen from his front vest pocket.

I nod solemnly.

"Where were you headed?" He asks.