Christian Marlow

Name: Christian Marlow Good name :)

Gender: Male Wow, a male OC

Ethnicity: Irish/English Ok, so kind of like Seamus?

Blood status: Half-blood

House: Gryffindor 

Wand: Dogwood, unicorn hair, 9 3/4 inches (haha puns), excellent for charm work This is a good choice of wand!

Age in book: 11 at the beginning 18 by the end Ok, it's good to see that you're starting from the beginning and not skipping the years.

Friends: Seamus Finnigan (Irish boys for the win!), Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley, Fred and George Weasley, Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter This is good, however, may I ask how he became friends with Draco, but also Harry? He's a Gryffindor half-blood, so this is slightly unrealistic.

Era: Golden TrioRelations: n/a he's not related to any cannon characters Personality: Generally speaking he's a very outgoing boy but when he gets around certain people (ahem Draco Malfoy) he suddenly becomes very shy and quiet. Like most Gryffindors he's very rash and impulsive. He doesn't think before acting and he definitely doesn't have a brain-to-mouth filter. He has received multiple detentions from Snape for smarting off. But he has a very open and creative mind which makes him excellent at charms. Potions is probably his weakest class. He simply doesn't have the patience for it. He enjoys flying lessons because he loves being up in the air, it's a rush for him. Quite cliché Gryffindor traits, but this is an easy fix. He seems very similar to Harry and Seamus, so maybe incorporate some more original traits here?

Good traits: He's very friendly and loves making new friends. He has a way with animals, he just knows how to understand them. He is very accepting and doesn't discriminate against anyone. He'll offer anyone a shoulder to cry on. Nice! These are good!

Bad traits: He doesn't know his own physical limits and sometimes pushes himself to hard, when he was in Muggle school he had a seizure on a day they were running the track because he pushed to hard. He forgets to study and do his homework. He's exceptionally stubborn and refuses to give anyone an inch over him. He sometimes won't admit when he's wrong, even if he knows he's wrong he won't admit it. This is great! I love the first one especially!

Backstory: Christian was raised in a normal household, his dad was a wizard but he didn't tell Christian's mum until after they were married. But his mum didn't care, she actually thought it was exciting. When he turned eleven his mum was as excited as he was. When he finally got to Hogwarts he was amazed by everything, it was just like his dad had told him and he could hardly wait to start learning. This is extremely similar to the upbringing of Seamus.

Hair: His hair is messy and sandy blonde. It's cut to a respectable length and never touches his shoulders. 

Eyes: His eyes are bright blue

Height: A little below average This is good to see in a boy OC. Not your average muscular, six foot Gary-Stu.

Extra: He is secretly gay and has a small crush on Draco. But he constantly denies it. He has a tabby cat named Fatso that lives at home. And a snowy owl named Casper.

Extra appearance info: He has a stubborn case of acne along his jaw. He's naturally very scrawny. This is a good flaw to have! He is a teenager, after all.

I think that overall, you've done a great job with your OC, Christian. He's not special or Gary-Stu in any way, he's just your average guy Wizard. Great job! I LOVE the fact that he doesn't know his physical limits, as I feel this is a really original trait, and it could make the story and plot really interesting later on. Make sure you use this and don't put it to waste! The only thing I'd say is that he is very similar to Harry and Seamus, and he does have quite a cliché Gryffindor personality. Maybe go online and find some more original traits that still match up with Gryffindor. You could also change something about him or the upbringing that makes him less like Seamus. You should definitely keep the Irish thing, as that's a really cool thing to have in common, but maybe change something else to make him more original.

Gary Stu rating- 0%

Grade- B+ / A