Chapter 4.

"It's like I'm running but I just can't find my way."
-Little Mix
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scar

"Shit." I cursed under my breath as I basically crashed into my room, not even bothering to close the door behind me.

From my wrists to elbows I had bags filled with new things. Walking to my bed the annoying ringing of my phone echoed loudly.

I grimaced only slightly when I decided to drop everything all at once onto the bed and it let out a loud thud.

Taking out my phone, one look at the caller ID made a grin break out on my face before i continued to swipe my thumb across the screen.

"Hello, my little snowflake."

"Could you be any cheesier?" Winter answered in a monotone voice.

"I thought you wanted me to be more romantic." I reminded her.

"Yeah. When we were dating, which was almost a year ago wanker."

"It's almost our anniversary snowflake." I laughed when she let out a grunt.

"Fuck you, April. You're an arse."

"Au contraire mon frère. I seemed to remember a time where you liked my ass. But then again maybe it had something to do with the way we had-"

"Ah!" she cut me off "No need for the details, I remember clearly thank you, I was there too you know."

Staying quiet for a moment I added "Don't call me that. You know I hate it."

"I don't get why. It is your name." she noted.

Putting her on speaker, I put the phone on the nightstand as I plopped down onto the bed taking things out of the bags.

"So what are you up mi muñeca?" (my doll) I said.

Winters British accent sounded shrill and thick through the phone. I had first met her at a party, I was getting drunk when she walked in. The first thing I noticed was her head of gray hair, an insanely hard color to pull off, she made it seem effortlessly hot, she was wearing a bit too much eye makeup for my liking but it didn't stop me from being somewhat intrigued by her. The way she smiled all the time, how her laugh was so loud and contagious. She was something else.

"Scar? Scar!" Winter brought me back to reality.

"Huh? What?"

She sighed "Were you listening?"

"Um...sorry snowflake. I was thinking about the first day I met you." I blurted "Remember? At Trent's party?"

"Yeah I do. The first thing you did was ask me where I was from."

"South Shields, England, UK." I proudly said.

Her light giggle made a smile on my face.

"Yeah. Then you proceeded to talk to me about my outfit."

"Oh yeah! You were wearing a blue tied dye dress with high knee socks and what was it black flats?" I racked my brain for the blurry picture of that night, damn I was drunk.

"Doc Martens Scar." I could just imagine her rolling her eyes.

"And that gold head-hair thing right?"

"Yes. You told me how ghastly it looked and how weird my clothes seemed." I could detect the hurt in her voice.

"I was fucked up that night Winter. But you looked beautiful, I know that because that was my real first thought of you." I honestly admitted.