Chapter 31.

"I ain't stupid, dumb, or blind. Won't sleep in your bed of lies."
-Ella Mai
~~~~~

Days seemed to blur together, the household became quieter as everyone was left unsure on where their place was in the situation involving the three girls in the upstairs floor. Parents were of course left without a clue on why their children seemed to be distant and quiet and dismissed it as hormones and temper tantrums. Although, Ruth had her few suspicions she learned by now to not dig so much for answers as she would only bury herself in and be left to settle into a deeper confusion.

It was almost like any other Saturday night in the house. The main television could be heard, Heath and Izzy's laughter following every now and again as their favorite comedy played. Gabriel played video games, only looking away occasionally to answer Ruth who was getting after him for leaving his dirty clothes on the bathroom floor again.

Ace and Dante decided to join their mutual group of friends, some having graduated with Ace and others to be set to graduate with Dante at the local park for a few games of soccer and field football. Ellison, after being coaxed with vegan chips and a pouty set of eyes from her new lover Drew, decided to tag along and watch her brothers play. She noted how felt at ease with the rowdy group of guys, them all greeting her with hugs and smiles. They took the news of her liking girls surprisingly well, most notably was Elwynn Gerard Smith, Uriah's older brother (Izzy's best friend in the entire whole world--his words), he was one of the twin's most cherished friends and his older sister, Nova Dawn Smith was also a family friend, her age and perky character made being friends with Ace easier than one could imagine. Ellison always noted how Ace's tone of voice always changed around Nova—coming out softer.

 Ellison always noted how Ace's tone of voice always changed around Nova—coming out softer

Elwynn was not known for speaking much, his persona being an observer above all. He spoke through his actions, and when Ellison saw the seriousness in his brow when she broke the news while having a firm grip on Drew's hand. She expected the worst, instead he stared at her for a few seconds before his face broke into the most brightest smile ever seen. He had the darkest complexion compared to his siblings, his eyes were a deep amber that matched his dark thick hair. He usually kept it cropped but his newest attempt at waves made it that his hair was long.

He gave Ellison a hard hug, his attempt at being soft, and she felt tears near her eyes. Elwynn had never been one to show affection, even when he met the family everyone was greeted with a firm handshake and nod of acknowledgement. It took Dante almost a year to realize that Elwynn saw him as his best friend. One thing they often laugh about and share when befriending other groups of people.

 One thing they often laugh about and share when befriending other groups of people