Chapter 16.

"Tell me if I'm wrong, tell me if I'm right, tell me if you need a loving hand to help you fall asleep tonight."

-Ed Sheeran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellison watched Scar as she walked away from her, hand still in mid-air and tingling from when Scar was slipping the ring on her finger.

Shaking her head she inspected the ring, making sure it was the same one; she read the engraved words. The language no one else except with the few who could understand. Seeing it was in fact the right crystal she smiled.

The wind picked up all around her as she stepped back into her meditating circle. Air warm, while the scent of an ocean breeze and damp earth surrounded her. She couldn't help the sudden joy she felt inside as all the elements took their places.

Clearing her mind, she labored her breaths and listened to anything and everything. She heard loud laughter and couldn't help but seek where it was coming from--her eyes finally landed on a hyper Scar and bubbly Cameron jumping on the trampoline that wasn't far away.

The grin that made it's way to her lips was on instinct, she loved to see her brother's good aura rub off on the grumpy girl. Watching in amazement as Scar did a few back flips Ellison giggled when Cam got in the way causing them both to land on each other. A few hits and shoves were thrown before Scar proceeded to do another flip (Cam this time a safe distance away) with her body backwards in the air her shirt went up for a second, and as Ellison caught a glance she gasped at what she saw, but when she blinked it was gone.

Could she have imagined it?

Was it her mind playing a bad trick on her?

No. No it wasn't her imagination nor was it her brain doing an illusion.

She saw it. The tattoo covering all of Scar's left side was definetely there.

It was a work of art, beautiful from where Ellison sat, but there was something about it that looked so...mysterious. Vivid even. Scar was never one to hide tattoos. She always liked showing off her inked body, even the ones that covered her tan legs and feet. But as Ellison thought back to the first day Scar came, she had never seen her in a crop top, or a see through tank. Not even in a bikini.

The closest she had gotten was when it was Scar's first day of school and she showed her the words on the corner lower right of her back, even then she had barely raised the shirt, Ellis assumed she was just shy to higher all of it.

"But this is Scar." She thought, Scar--herself knows she's attractive and has an ego the size of Africa. She wouldn't be shy unless-

Ellison's eyes widened in realization.

...Unless she was hidding something.

-Days later-

It was yet another Saturday afternoon, and things hadn't changed much in the Margo household.

Ace returned to college.

Blaze smoked and continued to ditch school.

Cameron...was Cameron.

Dante was announced quarterback for the football team and captain of the basketball team. The usual.

Frankie still ignored everyone and blared music from his room.

Gabriel still acted like a little shithead. (Scar's exact words)

Heath played video games.

Izzy won his first soccer game with Scar cheering the loudest on the bleachers.