Chapter 21.

"I can't help but notice, you reflect in this heart of mine."

-Justin Timberlake

~~~~~~~~~~
edited: July 28, 2020

Winter

"Shitheads!" I jumped as April slammed the door behind us. Giving me a quick apology she continued to shout "Where y'all at?!"

"Living room!" A voice to our left yelled.

Placing my bags to the side, she also took my flowers and chocolates from my arms. I was helped out of her jacket and scarf before they were hanged on the coat rack near the entrance. Taking my free hand in hers, she proceeded to lead me out of the foyer.

The house was huge beyond belief, gorgeous in decor as well. It was hard to believe nine kids lived here but April had explained they were all fairly well behaved--with the exception of Blaze and Cameron every now and then.

I used April as a hiding spot, silent and trying to be as small as possible. Chatter could be heard from what I assumed to be the living room. All voices were deep and husky some cracking on what I guessed were the much younger boys.

"Scar!"

"Hey you're back!"

"How was the drive?"

"Where is she?"

"If you fucked up my new tires I'll kill you." Oh so that's Dante. Lovely.

"You look gothic."

The last comment made me stifle a giggle, and before I knew it I saw a sudden shadow loom over me.

Standing over six feet, I was first met with a rather nice toned chest. I stumbled back slightly once I met the very cheerful, very handsome guy in front of me.

Leaning more into April, she let out a soft chuckle before moving out of the way and revealing me to the now silent and curious crowd.

I counted seven figures. Some sitting on couches, others sitting on the floor and two standing.

Placing a hand on the small of my back, April started to introduce me.

"Babe, this is Cameron Dallas Margo." She nodded her head to the male standing right beside us.

I held out my hand for it only to be slapped away as my small frame was crushed into a bear hug. I couldn't do much as my hands were pinned to my sides. After a few seconds I was placed back to the floor beneath my feet.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you! Scar wasn't kidding when she said you were pretty!" His voice was deep but the movement of his tongue made his words a bit hard to understand.

"Aw! Thank you! And she wasn't joking when she said you have a very pretty face as well!" I grinned.

"Well who am I to deny that fact." He flipped his nonexistent hair making me chuckle. So what's she said was correct--he seemed as light hearted and amusing as she described.

Another boy standing the same height pushed Cameron out the way. He was much leaner, skin a pale white making me not stick out like a sore thumb. Wearing black jeans, black boots, and a black leather jacket over a black V-neck. He seemed like the boy version of April--I could tell right away who he was.

"Blaze Detroit Margo." I smirked as he gave me a look of perplexity "The bad boy."

"How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess." I shrugged.

"I think I'll like you enough to tolerate you."

"Ditto."