Chapter 18.

"I'll chew you up and I'll spit you out, cause that's what young love is all about."

-Marina & The Diamonds

~~~~~~~~~~~

Scar

Singing along to the song I had put on my phone I ate a bowl of cereal while sitting on the kitchen stool, occasionally swinging myself left and right. Almost everyone was out of the house, leaving it in silence.

Growing up I was always surrounded by noise and people, so it was moments like these that I cherished the most--being able to be alone and have time to think without anyone interrupting.

I was still humming when the kitchen door was forced open, the impact of the wood against the wall making a sickening crack as Blaze and Cameron walked in.

"You pick him up!"

"Why can't you?!"

"Dude. I'm a bad boy--not a fucking carpool!" Blaze scoffed going through the fridge before taking out a carton of milk.

Well there goes my silence.

Sighing I paused the song and stood up maneuvering my way around them to get to the sink. I knew right away they were arguing over who was going to pick up Izzy from soccer practice. I just didn't see the big deal over it.

Leaning against the sink I said "I can pick him up."

"Why can't Dante go for him?!" Cameron yelled.

"Dante's at football practice you idiot!"

"Well then you go!"

"Guys." I waved my hand "I can pick Izzy up."

"Unlike you I have places to be!" Blaze ignored me sending a scowl to his brother.

"Stop being an asshole and go!"

"Hello? I can pick him up?"

"Look" Blaze slammed the fridge door, tossing the keys on the island as he moved to stand in front of Cameron "Rock, Paper, Scissors? Whoever loses goes?"

"You're on!"

Watching them place a fist in their palms, I wanted to smack the shit out of them.

"ROCK. PAPER. SCISSORS!" They drew.

"Bro you cheated!" Cameron shouted.

"I did not!" Blaze was quick to defend himself.

"Yeah, you did you cheater!"

"Oh for fucks sakes." I grumbled, grabbing the keys from the counter as well as my leather jacket and phone. I left the two screaming idiots as I walked through the dinning room and inter the foyer where my pair of Converse were thrown by the door.

As I was slipping them on I noticed Gabriel coming down the stairs, a blue shirt with a robot on it making him look younger.

"Where you heading?" He asked once he was close enough.

"I'm gonna go pick up Izzy."

"You don't have a bike?" he cocked an eyebrow.

I wiggled the keys as a smirk widened across his freckled face. He looked more like the young teen he was in that moment.

"I think that's called auto theft."

Placing my hands on my hips I answered "It isn't if there isn't any witnesses."

Just to add effect, I minimized the distance between us my eyes closing in on his and giving a hard look.

Raising his hands in surrender he laughed.